Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-1998, 06:43 PM

Default How do I get V 2.X, does it involve cash?

Answers please!
Old 04-13-1998, 10:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: How do I get V 2.X, does it involve cash?

The upgrade is $49.00 if you purchased version 1.x prior to October 1, 1997. If purchased after October 1, this is sent automatically upon registration.

It is free to all registered users of Protools 24 and MLCD 1.x software. This is sent automatically upon registration of both products.

To order this upgrade, please contact us at the following:

name of URL
650-842-6698 phone
650-856-4275 fax
Upgrades & Updates secton of our web site.

-tm
Old 04-14-1998, 01:45 AM

How long am I expected to wait for this upgrade?

I picked up my PTIII-PT24 upgrade on 13th March, it is now 14th April and I still havn't received the upgrade!

I phoned CSAdmin in the US to request the upgrade a day or two after picking up my PT24. And I have since phoned another 3 times!

How am I supposed to output any work without it?

I'm getting extremely pissed at Digi!
Old 04-14-1998, 09:53 AM
Avid

You may not be registered for one or the other. Contact CS Administration to check on this and to have it sent out to you.

[email protected]
650-842-6698 phone
650-856-4275 fax

-tm-
Old 04-14-1998, 09:54 AM

The upgrade programme is quite useless as I baught my Protools v3.2.1 on the 31st of sept 96 and the v 4.0 upgrade programme after many diferent dates from digi,finaly started from the 1st of october. After a few calls to tech suport they said that I was eligable for the upgrade but then followed six months of nothing!!! Only after calling about bad cat N'o leingths from BMG and EMI did they realise I was a Serious client and they said once again they would send it to me, the next week I recieved it.

Maybee you should go to your local dealer buy the new version and then send the bill to Digidesign!!!?¿?
Old 04-14-1998, 08:00 PM

If I baught V 3.2.1 then upgraded to V 4.0.1 am I considered a registered v4.x user??
Or have I been abandoned somwhere down the line without notice??
Old 04-15-1998, 12:06 AM

To: Tech Support

The point of my previous post is that I have already called CSAdmin in the US 4 times!

I live in Australia, and waiting on your hold system is not cheap!

I am registered with Digi for MLCD 1.4, and I upgraded from PTIII-PCI to PT24 on the 13th March.

I called once, someone said that they havn't received any info from the Australian Digi office about my PT24 upgrade, but they would send out my MLCD 2 upgrade.

I called again a week or so later, to be told the same thing, the MLCD 2 upgrade had not been sent, but that the MLCD 2 upgrade would be sent.

I called again, to be told that the MLCD 2 upgrade was sent from Digi on 26th March!

It is now 14th April, and still no sign of the MLCD 2 upgrade!

Now you expect me to call the US again!, get real! You guys have my phone number in your database, how about you call me and explain what the problem is! or send an email explanation.

I do not understand why I shouldn't have received the upgrade within 1 week of requesting it!, can you explain why it should take any longer?

MLCD is the important final step in the creation process, I have been unable to output anything for the last month!!!!!!!!!

If there is some sort of communication problem between Digi US and Digi Australia, then I think that is your problem to sort out, as it is causing me a lot of grief!!!
Old 04-15-1998, 10:38 AM
Avid

Simon, after checking our registration database, you are registered for MLCD software, but you are not registered for PT24. That is why you have not received a free MLCD upgrade. Please mail or fax your registration card or sales receipt for PT24 to:

digidesign
3401-A Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304
USA
650-856-4275 fax

Joules, there are only two people registered in Amadora, Portugal. Neither one of these people are registered for MLCD software. If your last name is Newell or Martins, you will need to provide a registration card or sales receipt for MLCD so that we can get you registered. If you are not one of the above names, then you are not registered for any product. Please provide registation details to the above.

-tm-
Old 04-15-1998, 10:53 AM

I have upgraded PTIIIPCI to PT24, there was no registration card!

I have spoken to CSAdmin 4 times, why didn't they ask me to fax my sales receipt?

CSAdmin have told me that MLCD 2 has been sent already!, why was I told this if it is not true?

CSAdmin told me that Digi Australia needed to supply the upgrade information to CSAdmin in the US, they have not asked me to provide proof of purchase once in my 4 phone calls!

This upgrade was done through a Digi dealer, who organised it with Digi Australia. Digidesign obviously has some sort of communication problem between Australia and the US!

I have been told by CSAdmin that MLCD2 has been sent, is this not the case? Why was I told that it has been sent? I have been waiting for it to arrive since my first phone call over a month ago, now your telling me it hasn't been sent yet?

This is going beyond a ****ing joke!
Old 04-15-1998, 02:21 PM

Suprisingly enough Digidesign do carry through registrations from upgrade to upgrade as only hours after my last post I recieved the 4.1.1 update CD in the post. this is quite rare as most software suppliers drop their free upgrade links after only one or two versions. I actually find it quite commendable that I can still recieve free updates over 18 months after the original purchase (try this with Microsoft or Adobe and you'll be paying arround $100 per bug fix!) Steinberg do provide free updates also, but I'm going through Hell to get mine!

Secondly. Yes my name is Newell and I have sent off the registration through the corect channels. However the purchase was not made through the usual channels Due to the inavailability of the Yamaha CDR400 in Portugal at the time of purchase, and the splendid offer Music Lab London offered on the CDR400/MLCD bundle compared to my local dealers (normally quite helpful and competitively priced ) attempt to sell me a Rourke Data CDR (YamahaCDE100 in a rackmount case)+MLCD at 4 times the price ! Because of this I baught my bundle through a Pro Audio inport export agency.(my local dealer later ofered me a more realistic offer on a 2X sony unit but by then it was too late as I had ordered the Yamaha)

My registration was sent to Digidesign, Avid Europe directly at Pinewood studios UK along with my AMIII registration which I supose you dont have either!

Check it out !

If not I can e-mail a scan of my original diskette and AMIII card along with serial numbers and as these numbers wont be registered the it's obvious they'll be mine. All my reciepts are burried at an accountants in England and therefore difficult to obtain at the moment!