Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-09-2018, 06:02 PM

Default Re: DaVinci Resolve AAF problems

I wouldn't recommend upgrading to Resolve 15 Beta yet, I did a few weeks ago and ran into an issue exporting aaf's to Protools. Specifically if the audio was recorded on a separate recorder, in my case a Sound Devices 788t, after export the tracks were all identical due to a bug in resolve which mislabels all the to the first track, in my case 'MixL'.

In DR 14 aaf export was steady albeit without fades and levels etc. I found using the 'Audio Only preset the best. Trick to getting handles is to enable 'export video', set handles then disable.

Immediately after exporting audio media, export an aaf of the timeline then export a video reference after that.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:18 PM

Exporting as an AAF doesn’t work. But if you tell Divinci to export as for ProTools, then it does work. The weird thing is it still Experts an AAF, but for some reason it’s different and it does import.

That said, be careful because every once in a while some of the scenes were as many as four frames out of sync.
S6 M10 16-5 w/ producer desk
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
Old 06-12-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
Exporting as an AAF doesn’t work. But if you tell Divinci to export as for ProTools, then it does work. The weird thing is it still Experts an AAF, but for some reason it’s different and it does import.

That said, be careful because every once in a while some of the scenes were as many as four frames out of sync.
Odd, that used to work for me and Export to Pro Tools only made a video and no AAF!

I love Resolve, but it does have a few quirks!