Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2024, 05:14 PM

Default I/O Setup Crashing Pro Tools

Hello all,

I'm trying to integrate a second Avid interface in to my HD Native setup. There is something sync related that is crashing Pro Tools when I try to open the I/O settings. I'm at the end of my rope here, any help would be appreciated.

System: Mac Studio M2 13.6.4 / Pro Tools 2023.12.1 w/ HD driver of same version / HD Native PCIe in thunderbolt 2 chassis / HD Omni / HD I/O.

Current setup: Digilink port 1 of HD Native card hooked up to primary digilnk port on HD I/O. Digilink port 2 of HD Native card hooked up to primary digilnk port on HD Omni. Loop sync in to out, and out to in HD I/O to Omni.

Pro Tools recognizes both interfaces. The HD I/O front panel shows it is using internal clock, is the loop master, and the Omni's front panel is set to loop sync. This is all as it should be.

One interface at a time will work as usual. When I try to use both synced together, the I/O setup crashes Pro Tools upon opening.

Things I have tried:

-Trashing all preferences.
-Uninstalling and re installing PT and the HD driver.
-Installing older versions of PT and HD drivers going back to 2023.3.
-Allowing PT full disk access.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: I/O Setup Crashing Pro Tools

Hi SaschaP,

I was about to create a case for you, but it looks like you're using a different account for your MyAvid. Can you email me at [email protected] regarding this concern together with your system id so I can coordinate this to our technical support team?
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 02-02-2024, 07:11 AM

Hi Charles,

I appreciate your help. I ended up trouble shooting it down to the Omni causing the problem. At some point I noticed the "Monitor" scribble strip showed the control room volume as CR-INF in red, which is not normal. A front panel hard reset of the Omni seems to have fixed the issue.

I will update this thread if things go out of wack again. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:03 AM
Avid

That's great news! Yes, please keep us posted here if you need further assistance.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support