Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Is the Eleven amp sim included in PT 12 Student/Teacher?

First post ever on this forum, so hello everybody!

My son just placed an order at our local music store for Pro Tools 12 Student/Teacher perpetual license, annual upgrade. They said that it should arrive in a week and a half or so.

I'm going to spend some time using Pro Tools too so I'm looking for some info since I am totally new to home recording with DAW.

I have noticed people here saying that they have PT 12.2, PT 12.3 and higher...... Is that the same thing as what we are eventually going to get? These versions that I have just mentioned must be PT 12 with current free updates/revisions online?

Over the last couple of days, I have been wondering about how to get guitar amp sounds recorded and was really impressed with the Scuffham S-Gear stuff, wow!

However, if the "Eleven" amp sim(free plugin) is included in my son's PT12, I would just use that for the time being. It looks like Eleven was bundled with PT 12 late last year but maybe that deal no longer stands. I find it all a bit confusing to be honest.

Are we going to have Eleven or do I need to go out and buy something else?

Any help would be appreciated here guys!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Is the Eleven amp sim included in PT 12 Student/Teacher?

You will get 12.4, I don't think you'll get 11 plugin unless described in the deal you bought.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Okay, so it will end up being version 12.4
Cool!

Yeah, it doesn't look like we will end up with Eleven. Too bad but at least we got PT at a great price since my son is a student. Almost saved 50%

I will probably pull the trigger and go with the S-Gear guitar amp sim since it sounds so good!

Thanks for your response BTW
Old 02-24-2016, 03:41 PM

Wait til you try all the included and freebies
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM

When you get the license, you'll need to set up an Avid Account. Check to see what downloads you have in your account as you may find you have enough to get started. There will be at least 3 downloads: PT and two AIR downloads. There may be others.

What interface are you planning on using and what computer? See the Avid compatibility and OS optimization docs. If Windows, you may want to check out the Help Us Help You at the top of the Forums (Dark Area) and post a Sandra report on the computer. Best to get ahead of any issues.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-24-2016, 05:32 PM

My laptop is running Windows 10 and the CPU is an i5 and I have 8 GB of RAM, there's hardly anything on my hardrive, quite a bit of storage available, so I think that I should be okay.

My son has a MacBook Pro Retina and was top of the line in performance back when we bought it two years ago, so he should be okay too.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:37 PM

I already owned 11 before I upgraded my education version to ProTools 12. However when I did upgrade, and my upgrade was for the $99 upgrade I did get all of the stop box plug-ins. Which leads me to believe that had I not had 11, it would've come with it.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 02-25-2016, 02:14 AM

BTW the audio interface I have is a Roland Duo-Capture EX.