Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 AM

Default Midi keyboard broken Help with repair

Does anyone have any know how on how to fix a midi keyboard or give an indication what might be wrong with it.

I have a oxygen8 copy by carillion. Basically the same keyboard just a different badge on it.

Very recently the led display has started jumping about like there is a short somewhere. This affect all the controllor knobs so this is really inconvienent when trying to control a plugin and the parameters keep jumping about. Its like something is flickering and affecting the values of the pots. The puts now also don’t send a full 127 value. They all go from 0-122 or sometimes 0-123 or 0-120. have tried resetting the keyboard.

Have tried different usb ports and also tried using the keyboard with the cs10 profile instead of the m-audio profile I am currently using incase a setting was causing this but I definitely think it’s a hardware fault.Have also tried changing usb cable incase that was faulty.

I will be taking it apart to have a look at it. But was hoping anyone could chip it with anything I should be looking for that might be up with it.