Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Avid

Post Re: MIDI Patch Names - From MIDI Forum

There's a version of this doc on the support archive:
http://archive.digidesign.com/support/tips/xnames.html

(We updated the link at the top of this thread and will move this article to the Knowledge Base.)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 AM

Default MidNam for Roland V-Synth GT (OS Version 2 Patches)

Hi,

I couldn't find an updated MidNam for this synth anywhere on the net so I made one.

Because of the way the V-Synth works, all the patches are completely replaceable by changing Projects. I'm not using the default 2.0 patches exactly as they were from the factory (I deleted some I didn't like, and added some from other official Roland sound sets), so I included my "Main" Project to go with this download so all the patches match up.

Version 2.0 also comes with the GT_Analog Project with hundreds of analog synth emulations. I use that straight from the factory too, so I included all the patch names for it. You just have to switch "Modes" in the upper left pulldown menu.

Download: http://www.suges.com/vsynth/SugesMain.zip
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Default MidNam for Kurzweil PC3K (OS Version 2.0.3)

Hi,

MidNam for the latest patch banks for the PC3K. Another one I couldn't find so had to make. Also included are blank patches up to around 2000, so you can dial in and get total recall on any custom patches you've loaded in, in the higher banks.

Download: http://www.suges.com/pc3k/MidNam.zip
Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM

Default MidNam for Access Virus TI Snow (OS Version 4.5.3)

Hi,

MidNam for the latest patch banks for the Virus TI Snow. Has the user-rewritable RAM banks in a separate "mode". Not organized according to the buttons on the panel, but instead according to standard 127-patch banks. For people who maybe can't get the TI part of these things working right, you can now control it as a normal external synth with total recall.

Download: http://www.suges.com/virus/TISnow.zip
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM

Default Re: MIDI Patch Names - From MIDI Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
Okay everyone. I finally solved this issue today on my system. I have been trying for months to get patch names to show up and I always had conflict of names. I tried Cherry Picker and I still had the problem. My problem was actually in OSX's Audio MIDI Setup. When I plugged my device in via USB, my device would show up, but when I double click on the device, it would not allow me change manufacturer and model. The problem was that my device was labeled: Manufacturer: Roland Model: Roland XV-5050. Since I couldn't figure out how to change the name there, I went into both my .midnam file and .middelv files and changed the name of the model to: Roland XV-5050 (from just XV-5050). Then when I went to import the names it all worked. YEAAAHHH!!!!!

I really hope this helps somebody out here. I guess my main point is that you want to make sure that OSX is naming your device the same as your .midnam and .middelv file is naming your device. Otherwise you will be stuck where I was. Thanks to all the help from everyone on this post.
Thank you for this, it did the trick for the Yamaha Motif Rack XS I just got after several hours of hair-pulling. I had to change all the names to "YAMAHA MOTIF-R XS" instead of just "MOTIF-R XS" and it finally worked!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM

does anyone have m-audio key station 88es midi patch names file?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunjia Wang View Post
does anyone have m-audio key station 88es midi patch names file?
It's a MIDI controller so you won't have any patch names; no built in sounds.

QAPLA!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Default Where to select patches in PT 10

Hi all,

Our MIDI device is set up in AudioMIDI setup as noted above. Everyone writes "and then the patch names just show up in Pro Tools." Where?? I'm trying to help a student use her Yamaha synth's patches and am at a loss. I've only used software synths in PT.

I know the setup is correct because the patch names show up normally in Digital Performer -- in the Default Patch column. What's the equivalent in PT 10?

Thanks,

Ms. B

OS 10.6.8 (& OS 10.7.4) MacBook Pro (& Mac Pro). Pro Tools 10.3.2 (PT 10.3.2).

Last edited by Ms_B; 04-07-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Hi. Pro Tools is not recognizing the patches from my Roland RS-5. I get the "midiserver patch file, bank, or mode information not available for this MIDI instrument" message.

I just read the comment from Avid Customer Service at the top of this thread and have confirmed that there is a Roland RS-5-9 midnam and a RS-5-9 device in Digidesign Device List.middev. Manufacturers and Models match on both documents.

Why am I still getting the error message? Please help.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Hi Avid Support

Can you please elaborate on your instructions in simple terms. Ive located the midman file and attempted to follow your advice however Im not having any luck. Im not technically savvy so require a more lamens terms approach. Thank you