Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2018, 04:17 AM

Default Avid HDX does not work with Studio One Pro 4 and 3.5.6

Hi.

I've been using Presonus Studio One 3 with my Avid HDX for a few years now and been really happy with the combination.

Until Studio One version 3.5.6, where HDX just wont work anymore. It is selectable in the list of possible audio interfaces, but selecting it yields only the message "The audio device Avid HDX could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again."

No amount of retries work.

This bug is still present in the newly released Studio One 4.

Fortunately in Studio One version 3.5.5 Avid HDX works perfectly.

Presonus support is, to my knowledge, aware of this issue, both with version 3.5.6 and 4. They asked me to share this information here as well. I hope they come up with a fix soon.

This just to let you know, if there's other users with Studio One and HDX here.

Do try it yourself. I haven't tried it with for example a Native HDn interface. Please let me know if you have the same problem.

I have a late 2013 Mac Pro running OSX 10.9.5 Yosemite, Avid HDX via Thunderbolt Sonnet Echo Express III PCIe chassis.

Thanks.