Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2003, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Newbie here... what is Coreaudio? and "other basic" questions for you great people!

Yes, when you launch ProTools the splash screen should say "Pro Tools Version 6.0.1"

Did you run the installer that you downloaded?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Newbie here... what is Coreaudio? and "other basic" questions for you great people!

hmmm.... i guess i did it wrong. i thought i did run the installer. do i just do it over again or will that mess things up?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:14 AM

Default Newbie here... what is Coreaudio? and "other basic" questions for you great people!

so i just installed PT 001 6 to my mac g4 tower.
so is Coreaudio the program that'll let me burn **** on itunes 4? if so how do i obtain it.

another question is... how do i listen say for example to itunes through the digi 001 box? is that impossible? i thought that was the whole idea? something in the sound preferences?
help please!!! thanks a bonch.
John C. Holmes
Old 05-27-2003, 12:24 AM

Waddup holmes.

Coreaudio is a seperate driver that allows other applications (like iTunes) to access the digidesign hardware. You first need to download the ProTools 6.01 update (free) then download and install the CoreAudio 1.2 drivers. You should pay careful attention to the readme file that comes with the coreaudio drivers, it will save you some headaaches.

You don't need any extra software to burn CDs from iTunes. You just need a CD burner inside you mac, or attached via firewire (or USB - not recommended) and you're good to go. Just import your mixes etc. into iTunes, create a playlist and you can burn from there. If you get lost, use the OS X help files. Some of us (me included) prefer to use an application called Toast, which gives you more options for burning CDs, but it is not necessary and is not free.

The PT 6.01 and CoreAudio drivers can be found here or by using the 'downloads' link at the top of this page.

Welcome aboard.

Slim
Old 05-27-2003, 12:24 AM

Running the installer again shouldn't hurt anything. Make sure you run PT6.0.1 first, then install the core audio drivers.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:30 AM

hey thanks slim. you're not shady at all. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 12:49 AM

whoa. i just dowloaded 6.0.1.. but how do i know for certain?

when i click on the icon it starts up... but shouldn't it say "protools 6.0.1"?