Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Good news! Slate AAX DSP

I think I will find it hard to support Waves plugins seeing as they don't seem to want to make AAX. Im sure they will sooner or later but only when it is at there advantage. Thats business I guess but if they chose to only support things when it is to there financial advantage I see no reason to endorse there product by having it my studio. There are not many quality studio,s in my area and when I open full time people will want to know what Im using and it won't be in my best financial interest to endorse it. Here is a quote that a DUC member got from a WAVES email supposedly. THIS IS NOT MY
===============================================
QUOTE Thanks for the feedback. Please feel free to have any other people as well reply to [email protected] with their requests for this support. We will for sure pick it up if there will be enough demand for it
===============================================
In my own view because of there extreme lack of support until it is only in there best interest why would I ever give a recommendation on there product or service . Its not in my best interest because there is no demand for it.
And if there is no demand for it I guess there is no use for it so no good reason to even consider them as a option . UNTIL THERE IS DEMEND FOR IT THAEN WE WILL KISS YOUR A*S for your money .

I will buy 4 waves plugs and use them until a company dedicated to AAX makes a replacement .Then I will use those and my clients will see me skip over waves and wonder , then conclude Im not using it because there is something better.
To bad I actually like some of there stuff but not there convenient only when its good for me attitude. Cause its not good for me for a few months now
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM

Not sure what technology will end up leading the pack... however it should be brought up that "cloud plug-ins" are the wave of the future.... Access to anyplug-in for multiple users from one source... I upgradde the plug-in, everyones plug-in is upgraded. You still need local DSP to be able to real time process the algorithms so local hardwarw will still be needed..... SD drive technology also allows over 275 times the speed/accessability than the old/still kinda current ATA moving parts drives, so local hardware might not even be needed eventually.

I do hope the AAX format is available for those who need it regardless of what plug-in company....
Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Just to expand a bit.... This is a link to a Cloud editor:

http://www.xonami.com/

Would be great if Avid could write a PT version to do the same and use files located on the cloud system, as well as plug-ins in the future... They should design a Cloud DSP for this so more than one engineer would work off it and it could be located 100,000 miles away using the dongle that authorizes them to use PT as well as plug-ins etc...

This is the future of plug-ins weather that's AAX DSP or not.