Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Default restoring projects stored locally

Hi,
I'm new to Pro Tools First and most likely did something stupid, not understanding how the program creates backups and cache. Tried to find an answer in knowledge base or elsewhere in google - no luck. I really hope someone can help me out.
I had two projects stored on the cloud, the rest were stored locally. Yesterday the two projects stored on the cloud opened empty. There was a comment "not available" near them. The files stored locally opened fine. I backed up the "Project Cache" folder, reinstalled Pro Tools First. The projects stored on the cloud still would not open. Then I placed the locally backed up "*.ptproject" folders of the two projects that were online, in the new, now empty "Project Cache" folder - and the projects opened. I was very happy - but when I put into this newly created "Project Cache" folder other locally backed up "*.ptproject" folders - Pro Tools First just doesn't see them((
Those locally backed up "*.ptproject" folders opened yesterday, and I see all the files inside, including the .wav files in "Audio" subfolder... Is there any way to save those projects stored locally from the backed up files ("Project Cache" folder) now?
I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Default Re: restoring projects stored locally

I had 3 projects in the cloud.

My subscription expired.

I went to access projects. I opened the named projects and there was no data at all.

I renewed my subscription.

I now have 3 named projects with the same names but no data from the last 2 years on my cloud.

I want to restore that data to my cloud. It is a lot of work.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogstew2 View Post
I had 3 projects in the cloud.

My subscription expired.

I went to access projects. I opened the named projects and there was no data at all.

I renewed my subscription.

I now have 3 named projects with the same names but no data from the last 2 years on my cloud.

I want to restore that data to my cloud. It is a lot of work.
Hi,
I've sent an Email through a support case. When was the last time you saw the projects available in your dashboard? Can you also check your cache folder if it still contains your project cache?

Thank you,
Tope
Old 12-06-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi,
I've sent an Email through a support case. When was the last time you saw the projects available in your dashboard? Can you also check your cache folder if it still contains your project cache?

Thank you,
Tope
Hi Tope,
Can you advice on my topic? (the question at the beginning of the thread) It's a lot of work, I have locally stored cache for over 20 projects - is there any way to retrieve it?
Thanks!
Art
Old 01-28-2020, 03:27 PM

I found the email in the spam folder and replied to it.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:23 AM

It’s been two months since I’ve posted my question, - and nobody gave an answer. Is it such a complex thing in Pro Tools First – to open a project where all the files are there on the hard drive, and the application had been reinstalled?
Old 04-22-2020, 03:25 PM

Hi there
My PTF just deleted all my projects due to an internet interruption, but i have a copy of the entire "project cache" directory - and they were local projects only, no clound.
I've tried to restore this backup but PTF doesn't recognise them.
Any help?

Many thanks
Alex
Old 04-23-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atanganel View Post
Hi there
My PTF just deleted all my projects due to an internet interruption, but i have a copy of the entire "project cache" directory - and they were local projects only, no clound.
I've tried to restore this backup but PTF doesn't recognise them.
Any help?

Many thanks
Alex
I posted my question a long time ago - to no avail. It seems local experts cannot help with this. As well as Avid support. I was evaluating PTF considering if I should buy ProTools. "Help" I got helped me to make a choice, and I picked another product, not ProTools. Good luck with your case.