Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 01:25 PM

Default recording stereo tracks

How should I be recording a stereo signal? All the audio tracks I create in PT are mono - I can't find out how to create a stereo audio track. Currently, I'm creating a stereo aux in and sending the L output to bus 1 and the R output to bus 2 and then creating 2 mono tracks with their inputs from bus 1 & bus 2, respectively.

I know there has to be a better way than this but I can't seem to create a stereo audio track [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

thanks,
george
Old 07-16-2001, 04:17 PM

Default Re: recording stereo tracks

Hey mate
Go to file, create new track. You can then select what kind of track you want and how many. So just click and hold on mono to choose stereo. That SHOULD do it.
Jack
Old 07-17-2001, 01:05 AM

Oh man, you're so lucky some of our "not always very nice with the beginners"members haven't seen this question yet !!!
They would have buried you alive next to your PT manual!!
Run little man run before they get you !!
Old 07-17-2001, 06:58 PM

I still think that interleaved stereo SDII is the way to go...it is so much more elegant than creating split tracks...many pluses with few negatives. It's a real shame that PTLE doesn't support this.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:17 PM

Dodders, your missing it man! click on the "mono" button and a pop-up will appear, then select stereo from that menu and click create.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:15 PM

Just to end this...
It depends on what version tou have.
If you do have 5.1, the dead river Studio guy is right. If you have a previous version,
you got yourself your answer (since the stereo tracks were not featured in PT at that time). If you're in this last case, don't forget to group your two mono tracks.This will avoid desync and will make editing a lot easier.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:57 AM

jackruston - I couldn't get your solution to work (held on Audio - nowt happened) so instead I've created two mono tracks - one connected to the L channel and panned all the way L and one for the R, panned all the way R. Seems to work. Thanks for the suggestion.