Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 PM

Default Inactive Tracks regarding EA

Hi,

I just purchased a Mac OSX and have plugged in my external hard drive. The songs that are on the external hard drive were recorded on my PC. When I go to open the songs, it tells me that "The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed."

Then it says "The Track 'intro' is unable to perform Elastic Audio becaue an audio file on the playlist is unsupported for Elastic Audio processing as it is read only. File: /Volumes/Music/You Hold The Crown/Audio Files/Audio 2_05.L.av. This track will be made inactive. The error must be corrected before the track can be made active again."

So I have gone into setup and disk allocation and changed the location to the Mac Hard Drive, but that doesn't seem to help either. I can't hear any of the tracks. The only track playing is the drum track. I have also disabled the elastic audio.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Inactive Tracks regarding EA

How is the external drive formatted? What version of PT were the sessions done on? What version(of PT and OSX) are you running on your new system?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM

It's done on PT 8.0.4 originally on an HP now on Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

I don't know how it was formatted. I see that it is a read only, but I don't know how to change that.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Well, the odds are pretty good that the external drive is formatted as NTFS(which is pretty standard for any Windows machine). The Mac will not write to that drive without some software(sorry, I am on a PC and don't know what you need). The alternative(which I would do) is to move all the session folders from the external to your internal drive, and reformat the external as HFS+(what the Mac wants to see) and then drag the session folders back(and say a little prayer). If it were me, I would buy another drive and copy everything to it, once it is formatted for the Mac. If you have a mac Pro, add more internal SATA drives(which yields the best performance). If its a MacBook or iMac, eSATA is the next best choice.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM

I don't remember ever formatting this drive, unless it was done automatically when I plugged it in for the first time. So if I get a new external, would I just plug it into my iMac so that both drives can be seen on the desktop and then copy the files over?

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 PM

I purchased a new iBook external hard drive and only some of the files are coming over. I get this error: The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50).

Any suggestions? I'm on a deadline and trying not to panic