Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Send a fader Pre Fader??

Hi All. I tend to route to effects / reverbs etc by adding an aux, routing to bus eg 1/2, and on the aux (being 1/2) add the insert. That way I can mix in the amount of reverb return like a traditional external reverb unit.

Is there any way I can select the feed to the bus from the audio channel to be pre fader so that the amount going to reverb is not dependent on fader position?

Is this how most people perform this operation?

Cheers

peter
Old 01-01-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Send a fader Pre Fader??

Click on the send feeding the bus, and click on the box named "Pre" above the fader. When it's highlighted (white) it's pre-fader.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks for that. I feel a bit daft now as it seems to have been staring me in the face, but I wasnt seeing it. Will look harder once im back infront of the PT

Peter
Old 01-01-2007, 03:42 PM

"Is this how most people perform this operation?" Yes for the most part, but not by using a post fader aux. Most people send to the effect using a post fade aux. . . simply because it makes mixing easier. . . in that as you adjust an instrument or vocal level, the effect level changes automatically as well because the aux send is post fader.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM

As is the case with all complex applications, it’s easy to overlook the seemingly obvious. This seems like an appropriate time to point out that we have access to the Reference Manual directly from within PT (Help Menu). What makes this extremely powerful, is the fact that the pdf document is searchable, making a search for answers easy and fast.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 AM

HI
I agree in principle about the manual, however in my case, the question I was thinking about was when I was not at work and not in front of a PT. Additionally, Im sure most questions can be answered by the manual, and if nobody posted questions for the enlightened comment from other users, then boards like this would become a bit lifeless, and alternative ways that people use would never be shared and benefitted by the wider community.

But yes Manual is good for many things
Peter
Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 AM

Peter,

I was merely trying to help you avoid feeling “a bit daft” (your words) in the future. Incidentally, one needn’t be at work, nor in front of PT, to access the PT Reference or other manuals (as they’re downloadable). I keep copies of such on every computer around here precisely because one never knows when a question needs to be answered or is faced with an internet blackout.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 01-02-2007, 03:50 AM

Thanks Andre
Ill take your advice and download a copy.

Cheers

Peter