Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Pro Tools First Won't Open

Hey,
I installed Pro Tools first on my MacBook Pro, everything was fine until I tried to launch the app.
I entered my avid master account information but the app crashed. I tried to open it again, the purple/black launch window shows and then I get the following message "pro tools has quit unexpectedly"
what should I do??
thnx
Old 08-30-2015, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First Won't Open

I'd uninstall PTF, making sure to eliminate all residual files the uninstall might leave behind. If you have a utilities package that has a "smart" undelete tool, have it wipe everything.
Restart, then reinstall. If there is still trouble, you might want to double check the PTF system requirements here, and the FAQs here.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:16 PM

I am having the same problem. Pro Tools First will not start up. I get the startup splash and it either quits right away or it goes through signing in, and sometimes further to scanning plugins but in all cases, I get a dialogue that it crashed and should I sent to Avid. I have done the update from the app manager. I have never been able to get First to start up as it always crashes on start as I described.

Macbook Pro 17" early 2011, 8GB ram, lots of hard disk, OSX 10.10.5
Old 09-05-2015, 05:44 AM

Hi there, I'm also new to Pro Tools First and can't even open it. By trying it says:

Authorization Std Exception

Pro Tools First cannot run, because an error occured.

Timed out waiting to connect to named pipe
\\.\pipe\com_paceap_eden_licensed_authorization

and I shall go to avid.com and see how the cloud functions work (or something like that), couldn't figure that out also

System:
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 x 1.86 GHz
4 GB RAM

Audio Interface:
Mackie Onyx Satellite

please help, thx in advance

JanD
Old 02-09-2016, 06:59 AM

Hi Jan

I am receiving the same problems as you described. Did you manage to resolve the issue
Old 02-10-2016, 05:48 AM
Avid

Hello Allan B,

What operating systems you installed PT|First?

Regards,
RC
Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 AM

windows 10 but I can run it as windows 8.

I downloaded an update from Avid yesterday and now using windows 10 it starts to launch but then stops and says AEE Error - 6117encountered.

When I run it as windows 8, it also stops and says
System plugins\elastic audio.aaxplugin\contents\x64\elastic audio.aaxplug in could not be loaded.

Last edited by Allan B; 02-11-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Information added
Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Avid

Hello Allan,

PT|First is not yet qualified for Windows 10, in regards to Windows 8 error, Pro Tools | First supports AAX Native 64 and AAX AudioSuite 64 plug-ins purchased from within the in-app Store. You can moved that plugins to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused), if that's causing PT|First to crash.

Regards,
RC
Old 02-11-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
[snip] in regards to Windows 8 error, Pro Tools | First supports AAX Native 64 and AAX AudioSuite 64 plug-ins purchased from within the in-app Store. You can moved that plugins to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused), if that's causing PT|First to crash.

Regards,
RC
Hi RC & Allen,

This error may not have anything to do with any plug-in installed in PT|First, whether purchased from the in-app store or not.

As I understand it PT|F scans all directories for appropriate (AAX) plug-ins on start up, if PT|First finds one it 'doesn't like' (for lack of a more technical description) the above mentioned error occurs.

In my case a plug-in from FL Studio caused the error in PT|First.

I've posted about this about half a year ago; http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370333

My best guess is this is a 'legacy' bug copied over to First (citation needed). In any case the issue has obviously not been addressed yet by the PT|First development team...

Hope this helps.

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1

Last edited by Muddy-T; 02-11-2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-12-2016, 01:12 AM

Hi DigiTech
How can I get the plugins from the app store if I cant open PTF and why was there no problem when I downloaded PTF onto my windows 7 laptop and desk top.
Unfortunately neither of these had the processing power to cope with PTF which is why I bought a new lap top with Intel I5.
Do you have a date when PTF will be qualified for Windows 10.

Thanks for your help on this.