Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Windows 7 released today. Experiences with PT8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPicks View Post
I'd like to hear if anyone else is running Win 7 64Bit, also if anyone is using the Mbox2 mini.
If it works in 64 it should naturally work in 32 correct? I'm trying to figure out what im doing wrong that I can't even get the software to install.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:45 AM

Encouraged by this thread, I just installed Win 7 x64, PT-8 M-Powered with an Audiophile 2496 PCI...Working beautifully!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Anyone Running W7 with MPowered 7.4cs10?

Just feeling out the crowd. I am still at pro tools version 7.4cs10 for stability reasons. Anyone running 7.4 on W7 X64? Any known issues?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
geez, where is Digi with the 64 bit driver for us LE users?? Come on! M-audio is owned by Avid, and M-audio has had 64 bit drivers for awhile now, and even beta Windows 7 drivers. come on Digi. geez.
It's coming. The reason you're seeing beta drivers from M-Audio first is that they don't come with a version of Pro Tools, like LE does, so they have to work with other applications. LE driver integration is much more a part of the Pro Tools LE application, so they're developed simultaneously. The version of Pro Tools LE that is qualified for Win 7 will have the proper drivers for LE hardware.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM

PT 8.0.1 Working stable and smooth with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (so far). I use Firewire 410 I/O. Im gonna test a 20 track recording and see how it fairs. Ill post updates.

i7-975 extreme 3.33ghz
12GB DDR3
Seagate 2x500 system HDD system boot
Seagate 1.5tb 7200rpm dedicated recording HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Firewire410
M-Powered
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x OS, Dual: XP 32x
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Hi all, Read everything I can find in the forums, if the answer I seek is in here somewhere, I'm not catching it. Trying to get Win 7 64bit to run my Pro Tools "M-powered" so I can use the extra memory to run some spectrasonics VI. Getting snagged on some basics I fear. "set app location" mini-apps don't seem to get the job done for spectrasonics or even for PT Strike for that matter.
Which C: Programs..... folder is all the DAW stuff supposed to be in? What is the correct response when Windows pop-up comes up after loading DAW software about ...software may not have loaded correctly, do you want to reload...(paraphrase)?
When you guys are talking about 'run as administrator' I can find the PT app and right click on it and get it to 'run as administrator' but not the various plug-ins app. I can find the data files for them, just not the app in order to right click on it. I did the pull the slider thing down all the way and unloaded and reloaded spectrasonics instrument and strike too.

I'm wondering if my DAW/plugin software didn't install in the correct program folder.

Here's my system
Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
Proc: i7 920 running the gigabyte app that pushes the speed up to 3.2
Mem: 6Gb
System Drive: seagate ST3250310NS
Recording Drives x2): WD6401AALS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit version currently
Pro Tools M-Powered 8.01
Strike (downloaded the most recent update and "set location" app... lost the expansion like a dummy when I installed win7)
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX with some extra libraries
Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Trillion are enroute to replace Atmos and Trilogy.
Using ProFire Lightbridge with Win64beta drivers as interface

Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM

Doing some tinkering. I set the UAC in properties dialouge for the ProTools exe file. Apparantly this isn't enough to get PT to run in administrator mode. Right clicked on PT icon on desk top and selected run as administrator and program will access all digi plug ins including strike. It will not yet access the spectrasonics which is weird considering the stylus rmx plug-in dpm etc files are right alongside the digi plug-ins............. right now am reinstalling the spectrasonics by selecting run as administrator on the setup exe file.

Anyone out there have a disc image or something that'll get rid of all this extranious overcomplicated BS and allow me to just run my PT and virtual instruments???? Where I can actually use the high end processor, motherboard, memory...... PLEASE!! OH and not have to feel like I'm some corporations 'money tree' getting a frikin shake down every other darned week!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB View Post
Anyone out there have a disc image or something that'll get rid of all this extranious overcomplicated BS and allow me to just run my PT and virtual instruments???? Where I can actually use the high end processor, motherboard, memory...... PLEASE!! OH and not have to feel like I'm some corporations 'money tree' getting a frikin shake down every other darned week!!!
No im affraid not. I recomend uninstalling everything and reinstalling and NOT mess with anything until everything is correctly installed.

I installed PT and plug-ins without having to take extra steps to make it operational with W7. But I will point out to you that I am using Ultimate and you are using Home Professional which could be a factor.

And im affraid to report although the CPU power that you have and motherboard upgrade will be nice, The memory upgrade isnt gonna change much with use of PT right now. I havent pulled more than 2.8-3gb of RAM and even that is completely adequate.

And I would also like to mention to everyone else that I have been experiencing bounce to disk problems. Im going to troubleshoot some more to make sure its not my own hardware or if its a PT8 with W7 issue.

I would also like to report Ive recieved "low CPU power errors" at times saying i have used more than 95% which was completely false. I was only using 15% at the time and I have PLENTY of CPU power and then some.

i7-975 extreme 3.33ghz
12GB DDR3
Seagate 2x500 system HDD system boot
Seagate 1.5tb 7200rpm dedicated recording HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Firewire410
M-Powered
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x OS, Dual: XP 32x
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Question Re: Windows 7 released today. Experiences with PT8?

Hey MrTibbs, Thanks for the reply. I don't have a problem with reinstalling BUT I do have a question in that regard.

When I'm installing 32bit apps on my 64bit operating system, the operating system is bringing up a popup at the end of the installation dialogue. What are you selecting in that popup to get your PT M-Powered to load so it can see your virtual instruments? AND their associated "set content location" .exe apps work???

I've tried several different variations with mixed results, mostly no-go. I'd like to eliminate some of the human "dumb-dumb" error so I can chase down the correct software settings, if that makes sense.

Just now got an email notification from Spectrasonics that says their 64bit drivers and updates are available for download.... I think I LOVE those guys!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Can anyone report on the use of the Delta 1010LT on W7?