Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Ok ive done another mp3 conversion (was buggy) and changed the drum sounds in this mix.

Can you guys let me know how this sounds now?.

http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~amiga

feeling so low.mp3

Many thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 05:13 AM

Would like to hear more from xprod77. Really liked the tune 'Sometimes'. Would like to hear some vocals for it from your perspective. Paul's vocals are nice, it would be good to hear some other styles on the tune.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:14 PM

This thread is SWEET ! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Mad mixes comin out of the DIGI"Z ! ...

Ive posted a couple times some mixes of a band called The Fully Down that I worked with , and couple of you guys liked it ... The EP they did never got released , so the band has posted all of it on MP3.com ... take a listen and post what you think ... any feedbacks cooL [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

THE FULLY DOWN MP3.COM

Take care ...
Old 03-18-2003, 07:00 AM

This is a one minute jingle written for the fine state of California. Just imagine a VO in between the bookend choruses.

California
Old 03-18-2003, 06:23 PM

Hello Digians!!!!!!!!
Here's a lil' diddy I did with the 002/ Amplitube/ Sample Tank/ and Battery!!!!

It's full of twisted time signatures...heavy A$S guitars....and EEEEE-E-EVIL keyboards!!!!

.....enjoy
Old 03-19-2003, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbartunek:
This is a one minute jingle written for the fine state of California. Just imagine a VO in between the bookend choruses.

California
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jbartunek,
Very good job, man... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I was commissioned to do the Tennessee Tourism ad back...around 10 yrs. ago. All I had to go on was the slogan they had pre-chosen, and the fact that they wanted it to go through several southern-type musical styles within 60 seconds. This spot was national for years, and had an excellent video with the singers at different locations in Tennessee. They even did an 'update' version with BB King and Dolly Parton ( [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) singing it. I wrote the lyrics, played guitars and bass.
I think yours is better though and would be perfect for California. Best of luck with it... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

~Roy

http://basstardz.dhs.org/roy/mp3/_Ot...nTourismRH.mp3

p.s. I will definitely be catching up with the new posts... looks like some very interesting additions... thanks, Roy
Old 03-19-2003, 02:09 PM

Roy,
Thanks for the compliment. I listened to yours and I think it is very creative! Nice job to you too!! How did you hook up with the folks in Tennessee?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:26 PM

Hi jbartunek,
An agency here (Walker & Assoc) was commissioned by the TennTour dept. to do it. The agency called Ardent Studios here, and they called me. Ardent had not done many jingles before, and I had. I tell you, for the next few years, anytime somebody asked me what jingles I had written, I would just mention that one, and they'de go, 'Oh yeah! I've heard that...you wrote that?'... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It was played here a zillion times. (why, I never understood... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
Have you tried possibly taking it direct to California Tourism? I would think they would be very impressed.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:39 PM

Roy,
Interesting. I made a half-ass attempt to approach the California Board of Tourism, but I think I'll make a more concerted effort. I live in Denver so it looks like I'll have a little time on my hands with this blizzard. I sat home and wrote and recorded a christian song today!! That's how bored I was. I posted it on the same site as the California song. If you have a chance to listen tell me what you think. Thanks for your advice.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:41 PM

ok boy and girls.
here is the song that ben and myself put together over my stay out there in california.

as i stated in the "film at 11" thread there is a curse word screamed out by my in the begining but after that its all clean and no cursing or profanity.

the song is called "Taken For Granted" it is just under 4 minutes long and any suggestions are welcome.

Taken For Granted