Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Re: M-Audio Keyboard.bundle in Pro Tools 8

I got this info from the M-Audio Users Forum today. Some of you (like Kyle) may find it useful. If anybody learns any more about functions that can be assigned to the Axiom, like how to Mute/Solo/Record, or how to change from one group of 8 tracks to the next, please share. Thanks.
___

In Pro Tools 8, if you go to Setup>Preripherals>MIDI Controllers, you can select M-Audio Keyboard and your Axiom for send to and receive from; then, using factory default preset 20 you can control transport, volume, and pan. By selecting a track in a different group you can control volume and pan for additional tracks.

Most of the MIDI CC's listed in Appendix F are extended MIDI CC's that are used to send non-standard MIDI messages. Data 1, 2, and 3 are different parameters used to make up those messages.

The rotary encoders are capable of sending out relative data instead of absolute data. Not all programs support these types of encoders, and there are different ways of implementing it for those that do. CC's 146-150 for example are different methods of sending relative control data. For those CC's, the CC for Data 2 would be the MIDI CC for which relative control data is being sent.
___
Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdugan View Post
I got this info from the M-Audio Users Forum today. Some of you (like Kyle) may find it useful. If anybody learns any more about functions that can be assigned to the Axiom, like how to Mute/Solo/Record, or how to change from one group of 8 tracks to the next, please share. Thanks.
___

In Pro Tools 8, if you go to Setup>Preripherals>MIDI Controllers, you can select M-Audio Keyboard and your Axiom for send to and receive from; then, using factory default preset 20 you can control transport, volume, and pan. By selecting a track in a different group you can control volume and pan for additional tracks.

Most of the MIDI CC's listed in Appendix F are extended MIDI CC's that are used to send non-standard MIDI messages. Data 1, 2, and 3 are different parameters used to make up those messages.

The rotary encoders are capable of sending out relative data instead of absolute data. Not all programs support these types of encoders, and there are different ways of implementing it for those that do. CC's 146-150 for example are different methods of sending relative control data. For those CC's, the CC for Data 2 would be the MIDI CC for which relative control data is being sent.
___

thanks man i tried it and preset 20 works alot better than preset 15....i found out how to control stereo pan using preset 20

the zone 1 2 3 4 button control track 1 2 3 4 group a b c d controls tracks 5 6 7 8

1. tweak an encoder (b1 - b8 = track 1 - track 8)
2. u should notice when you turn the knob only one knob moves in the gui....
3. press the d17 button (the button after the Group D buton)
4. turn the same encoder again u should notice the right knob in the gui is moving now....just press the d17 button to toggle bettween the knobs for each track...toggle button does not effect mono tracks so it doesnt matter if u have it set to left or tight

p.s. hope the helps also remember the selected track is going to be track 1 no matter where it is from left to right for example if u have track 3 selected it becomes track 1 and track 4 becomes 2 and 5 becomes 3 etc
Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 AM

c'mon digi, you say you haven't implemented the functionality for the m-audio keyboard bundle yet, so in the meantime, please tell us Avid enthusiasts, who bought into M-Audio Axiom and Pro Tools in the expectation that they would work easily together, and keep doing so after we invest more still in PT8 upgrade... tell us what our setup should be for Axiom and PT8

I'd be happy with basic stuff that doesn't crash PT8 (which is does at the moment when I move the sliders), just transport control and learn/use knobs/sliders for plug-ins would be good enough for me.

What settings in PT8, and what preset for the Axiom ?

please help - thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM

I'm new to Protools, and I've been hearing that M-audio keyboards aren't compatible with Protools (kind of like this thread) and I happen to own a M-audio prokeys 88. Will I have any problems with it?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I cant get mine to work. Are you using midi cables or USB? Iv just tried USB so far
Hey Sjb1603 did you ever get yours to work - what did you do? did you see the new Axiom 61 pro? It's supposed to link with pro tools flawlessly - 'whycome' m-audio or pro tools can't create a downloadableexecutioning "fix" file to help us link the normal axiom - until they do - if you can tell me how to get this thing to work - i'd be grateful.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 AM

Hi,

I'm using an Axiom 25 and have issues as well.

I can't seem to get the transport controls on the Axiom to sync up with Pro Tools and at the same time stop the Axiom from triggering double notes in half of the keyboard which result in the original note that was played being muted.

If I reset the Axiom by holding down the plus & minus keys on startup.... the double note triggering stops but then I can't link the transport controls of the Axiom to Pro Tools.

Can anyone help?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 AM

Bump.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM

Going a little stir crazy myself. I'm not sure why, but I have my axiom 49 configured to Pro Tools 8 and the transport bar seems to be a very happy camper. I can't seem to configure my MIDI/Instrument tracks to communicate properly. If I have, lets say Air in my instrument track- My MIDI track is not showing that it is receiving data from the keys. If I record to the midi track it writes the data but still does not display that it is receiving the signals.

Playback works just fine.

I also can't seem to figure out how to get the MIDI to learn. I will tell it to learn but it doesn't stick. So far the transport is all I have working for me so far...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM

wondering if there has been progress on this that ive missed

i own the axiom 49 and pt8. whenever i try to assign a fader on the axiom to XPAND instrument i have serious issues that crash pt8. i right click the xpand volume fader, learn midi, then move the fader on the axiom. the fader in xpand never moves - instead it seems to try to scroll through and duplicate tracks in the background edit window of pt8. it does this rapidly and ultimately crashes pt8.

im using axiom 49 preset 20 and 15 with the same result. dell precision 490, xp sp3, 4gb ram. let me know if any additional information would be helpful. i would LOVE to use this keyboard sucessfully with pt8 and its plug ins.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 AM

Hello,

The template just needs modifying, look at my one here...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=242285

Cheers

evs