How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 11-02-2019, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 2019.10 Won't Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the trouble. I see that you downloaded from your Avid account but wanted to let you/others know we have identified the cause and are working on a fix.
That sounds fine, Jeffro, find my detailed post re. pop up error messages after install and trying to launch PT anyway: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...76#post2543376.
Maybe that helps fixing. Expecting Microsoft to distribute the next bigger Windows 10 patch on Tue, Nov. 12th, I am curious if it's worth waiting until then. I just wouldn't like to allow them blowing all away with that new version to come.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:21 AM

A Pain in The A...!
Also failed to install 2019.10 on Win10 with the Avid Link - installs the Video Engine and - gone.

I had to completly uninstall Video Engine and PT 2019.6 first - Restart - download from Product Page - install - restart - wtf?!?

It's just and Update - i had to spend more than 2 hours to fix and keep on working again - not pro-ductive

"We work on that..." - maybe it should be done prior the release ?!?
Old 11-03-2019, 03:52 AM

Cool, man.
Yes it's frustrating, and it's waste of time and energy.
The thing is for me rather, should we wait until the next bigger Windows 10 patch is installed, and only go then and try the fixed download, or, if the fix is available earlier, should we first fix PT and have the Windows update after that.
As far as I know, the next patch day should be Tue, Nov. 12th, in the evening (C.E.T.), but no "AVIDian" has relied to this question of mine yet. Maybe they got to figure that out by themselves.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:02 PM

I had this message :
"Data bank: Transformation: One line does not
exist and cannot be updated. Table:
Shortcut."

I uninstall Pro Tools 2019.6 (only Pro Tools) and install 2019.10 and it works.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Hi dear all,
is anything known about the Windows 10 1903 fix already?
I am talking of the fixed PT installer, to be clear. They wanted to mend it.
Please let us know.
Thankx.

Last edited by Wire57; 11-07-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
...we have identified the cause and are working on a fix.
An updated installer was posted this week. This eliminates the issue when updating PT to 2019.10 via Avid Link.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
An updated installer was posted this week. This eliminates the issue when updating PT to 2019.10 via Avid Link.
Sorry, the same error messages as described previously.
I tried after updating my system* to Windows 10 home 64 bit Version 1909 Build 18363.476 and reboot (of course). I downloaded Pro_Tools_2019_10_Win_RevA_106297_ from my AVID Master Account site, unpacked and launched the "setup", NOT the "installer".
Or must I go via Avid Link this time?
I do not have very much faith in AVID mending the issue. If this isn't fixed before Nov. 21st, 2019, I shall definitely disrupt my subscription and leave PT not working.
I am too old to be endlessly patient.

*Intel(R)Core(TM) [email protected] GHz,16GB RAM, C/: SSD 1 TB, E/: HHD 1TB, G/:SSD 451 GB,NVidia GT 610

Last edited by Wire57; 11-12-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:06 AM

Hi all following this thread,
I had opened a file at AVID support, as there were no useful answers here, I#m afraid.
So this is what they answered:
Current Response:
Entered on: 11/14/2019 6:15 PM Entered by: Paul
Hi wire57,

Thank you for contacting Avid Technical Support, this is case xyxyxyxyx for your reference.

- Please download the Pro Tools installer from your Avid account.
- Temporarily deactivate/disable all anti-virus programs. Turn Off User Account Control.
- Extract the zip file (using a file extractor program such as 7-zip, etc) to the system drive (C:). - Open the folder then right-click "SetUp" and Run as Administrator.
- Proceed with the installation...

Now, "User Account Control" does refer to Windows. In the desktop search field, you type "UAC", in the account safety settings you turn the control down to "never notice" (or so) and click ok.
I did so far what AVID had suggested, but to no avail. PT still not being updated.
This was my last correspondence to the support after they had suggested I should go via telephone support and remote control.

- AVID: Hi Werner,
Your phone number please so I can call you now.
I'll be helping you via remote access using a program called "Rescue".
Go to the Avid Remote Access page - avid.com/rescue
I'll give you a 6-digit code, log -in to your computer and fix this.
- me: Sorry, this isn’t possible at the moment.
Is there no other way available?
5 pm Pacific, that’s in Germany… 02:00 a.m. night time. Ok, I can’t make it. Sorry. That’s it then. Or is there anything else possible?

- AVID: Werner,
I can have someone from our European Tech Support team assist you once they are back online on Monday.
Please indicate your preferred callback number and availability for the remote session.
Appreciate your cooperation and patience.
- me: Ok, It must be something about AVID Link.
It starts installing those 4 files before switching to PT itself. After the Cloud Service, the installer shows that something „is missing“ and therefore the installation will be aborted.
Why do I have to go through remote Service? What is missing? I shall deinstall AVID Link now and see what happens after manual launch of the installer.

- AVID: No response.
- me: Ok, the installation broke this time after installing Avid Link.
I do not see the point of wasting hours trying to install a program of which the data are corrupt.
Let your colleagues publish a new repaired installer with complete files, those which are currently offered are obviously not working.
I shall cancel my subscription and will only reactivate it upon successful installation of PT
What is it that I should get by remote service? Can't I just get those files and go ahead?

So after that correspondence, would anyone suggest I deinstall PT 2016.6 completely and try installing the entire package manually?
It's kinda depressing to see that no one answers.
The support case was transferred to Europe - no good at all. They close when I come home.
Nevertheless, I got some questions to answer which show a bit more of the issue, this is why I continue documenting here.
To answer your >questions<:

>Please be aware that the latest supported Windows version with Pro Tools is Windows 10 build 1809 (see link below): http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...m-Requirements It means that we cannot guarantee the issue-free operation of Pro Tools since we haven't finished testing newer builds.<

ANSWER: I am running Win 10 (64 bit) build 1909 when the issue first occurred it was 1903.
Win 10 was the initial OS.
Build 1809 is already one year old. How come developers are lagging behind so much?

>Also, please answer a few questions: 1. Are you using any 3rd party anti-virus/anti-malware software? <
ANSWER: No, only Windows defender.

>2. Is your computer a part of the managed network (Access directory, Domain)<
ANSWER: No, it is a standalone PC.

>3. Was your operating system installed as a fresh install or it was updated from old versions or cloned/transferred from another computer?<
ANSWER: As I said, Win 10 is the first OS for my PC.
MY QUESTION: Could I possibly manage this issue by "compatibility adjustment"?
With „compatibility Adjustment Windows suggests installing „compatible under Windows 8“ – which I never used.
I’ll try anyway.
Before I had finished typing this, the Installation was already aborted. Our case remains open.

Hooooorraayyyy!!!!!
The remote session fixed the issue.
PT 2019.10 successfully installed and tested.
So now, this is what the technician told me:
I first had to deinstall PT 2019.6, which had been broken, and then run the installation of PT 2019.10 with running "setup" as administrator.
It took a while, but it worked.
Please anyone who encounters the same issue as I, try this and communicate your result here.

Last edited by Wire57; 11-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.