Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2003, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 6.1: Can\'t open session with lots of FADE Files

You may want to check your computer for viruses. I had something affecting only my fade files before. When I finally downloaded an anti-virus program, I had 196 viruses. Oy.
-Olaf
Old 09-04-2003, 10:49 PM

Well I deleted all the database folders on all the drives. Same problem is still happening. This doesn't happen on any of my other sessions, but this one is a very important one with several songs. When it gives the error message: "can not complete command: access violation occured," it gives an "OK" button. I can click on that button, but it seems like another pops up immediately. If you move that window, then hit ok, there is another one in the original location. I taped my "Enter" key down for 15 minutes but it didn't get rid of them. It shows in the task manager that ProTools is still responding, just awaiting a reply from me. What the heck is going on?

Jeremy
Matthew 6:33
www.NamesakeRecording.com
Old 09-04-2003, 10:54 PM

Sorry to keep throwing things at you to try.. but one may work

Try moving all plug-ins from your plug-ins folder to a temporary folder located on your desktop and restart Pro Tools and try loading the session. This will eliminate the problem if it's a particular plug-in causing the error.

If the session loads okay without any plug-ins.. start adding them back in chunks by manufacturer... until you locate the one causing the issue.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••