Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Default weirdness + Functions missing with M-powered version

Just wondering if these issues are known bugs, compatibility issues, or am I losing my mind, I can't seem to find any answers in the answerbase...

1. When selecting a region, the highlighted portion of the region is not sample accurate when set to tick based, it either falls before or after the start of the region so when duplicating or copy/pasting, but in linear it's ok as long as the tracks are set to tick based... is this normal? I thought it had to be tick based for sample accuracy, whatever works I guess.

2. During playback if I move the cursor to a different area of the edit window, the playback stops for a second then resumes, this never happened with the Mbox, 002, Mix 3, or HD 3... I played with buffer settings and all, nothing helped.

3. Sometimes when zooming in and out of a waveform (R,T) the window will spaz out and end up on a different track. Maybe it's the keypad on the MacBook Pro and the weight of the palm depressing against the left side of the mousepad? That is the only thing I can think of unless others users are experiencing the same thing on different computers.

4. Not a biggy but why isn't there an input monitor selector on the track? I kinda feel like I'm back to PT 5.x with the input monitor only selector in the track menu.

5. Where the heck is Beat Detective? As I recall the 002 and Mbox versions have them.

RS

MacBook Pro dual 2.1Ghz
FIrewire 410 PT 7.3.1
various drives all good.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Bugs? + Functions missing with M-powered version

bumpin this up, I need answers...
Old 05-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: weirdness + Functions missing with M-powered version

1. I'm pretty sure that if the track is set to tick based, it selects on the ticks, not the samples. To do that you would have to set it to "Sample based". You may also want to try View->Rulers->Samples

2. Not sure about this one. might be related to the new "features" in 7.3 that allow you to make changes on the fly.

3. Never experienced this.

4. the input monitoring switch on each tracks is HD only.

5. In the newest versions, BD is on the Event menu. In older versions it was on the Windows menu.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 05-24-2007, 04:07 PM

2. Turn off Dynamic Transport (and then turn it back on again if you want). This was freaking me out, but I did a search here and voila.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM

NIce, thanks.

Although I'm still tripping out why it would select beyond or before the start of the region even in tick based mode.