Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Help: Display of MIDI notes too small to use

(Sorry, I posted this wrongly in the M-Powered forum a few minutes ago...)

After working with Xpand for quite a few weeks now - and perfectly enjoyably at that - I suddenly find that the instrument track with the Xpand drums on it is showing the normally 'fat' notes as razor-thin lines. These things are, of course, difficult to take hold of and move around. Also, the vertical keyboard display at the edge which normally shows about half an octave or so of keys is now showing the entire range of keys, all crammed up. How did I get here?? More important, how do I get out of here?

I don't use MIDI that much, so this is probably something very basic. Will appreciate help. (I couldn't find much help in either the Preferences settings or the Reference Guide, though). Thanks in advance.

Intel Mac (20" iMac), PT LE 7.1.1
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Help: Display of MIDI notes too small to use

Try This:

In the top left corner of the edit window you'll see icons showing audio and midi in between two arrows. Those are zoom buttons. One is to zoom audio and the other to zoom midi. Click on the icon showing midi notes and click the right arrow. All your tracks with midi should zoom larger. Also, the piano you mentioned at the left of a midi track has scroll arrows.(If you don't see these arrows make your midi track larger). Try scrolling those up and down untill the notes are sized to your liking. For further info go to page 228 of the PT Ref. Manual. They'll explain it a little better....lol.....Hope this helped.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:06 AM

Hey, wow. It's all sorted. Thanks for your detailed help. Really appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM

Hey !!! I've ben' helped here so many times myself it feels good to give back. Glad it all worked out for ya.

www.thebluesmavericks.com