Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Default installing mpowered academic please help!!!

im trying to install mpowered academic 7.1.1 in os10.4 on a macbook pro with an intel core 2 duo. I dont know if this is a compatabillity issue or what but after I completed the install and restarted my computer, it wouldnt allow me to open pro tools. when I click on the pro tools Icon, the screen goes to grey and says, "you must restart your computer" when I restart it asks if I want to send an error report to apple. does anyone have an idea as to whats going on or what i need to do....
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Avid

Default Re: installing mpowered academic please help!!!

Which M-Powered hardware are you using? Have you installed the latest driver for it from the M-Audio website?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:56 PM

im using the ozonic. as far as I know I have the latest driver. its functioning fine with garage band and ableton live...
Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 PM

when I go to the m-audio site I cant find any driver updates for the ozonic. all the other devices have driver updates but not the ozonic. even on my protools install cd in the list of m-audio driver installs, the ozonic isnt listed. im starting to get frustrated. I honestly dont think its an m audio problem but a pro tools/mac problem. this computer is brand new. the mpowered 7.1.1 software isnt as new. could this be the problem? do I need to update my version of pro tools to 7.3?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Pro Tools M-Powered Academic 7.1.1 is for PowerPC-based Macs or Windows XP only. You would need to have Pro Tools Academic 7.3 in order to run on an Intel-based Mac, which is what the MacBooks are.