Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 AM

Default Arturia V Collection 6

V Collection 6 is available at a special introductory price for new users.
Upgrade deals are available to Arturia customers until January 10th 2018.

https://www.arturia.com/v-collection...oductory-offer

I'm not really liking the €199 upgrade considering that V5 has been perpetually on sale at €249 as a collection. Even considering I'm on V4 I would expect something better. Any V5 owners seeing a better offer?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 12-05-2017, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Yes, IKM synth bundle. I was against the pricing but after listening and the fact that you get 36-37 VI it's a no brainer and much much better than old arturia sounds

All IMHO of course.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Yeah I checked out V5 and passed. A lot of the modelling offerings I didn't like the sounds or need as I already had better options from other manufacturers.

The new interface and features looks better and some of the new VIs in V5 & indeed V6 look good but €100 for V4/5 owners might have got me biting.

As it is I have finally taken my Komplete V9 to V11 so I have plenty to play with right now and am not in a hurry.

Stephen

Old 12-05-2017, 09:32 AM

Yeah Komplete 11 has a lot to offer. We also upgraded from KU9 to KU11 when it was €399 and thats an ok deal imho.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Any V5 owners seeing a better offer?

Stephen
I'm a recent V5 owner and I'm seeing 199 as an upgrade, which for me is a pass.

I've been a Mini V owner for years, and they apparently changed (to standardize, I guess) the preset format from V4 to V5, so none of my old Mini V presets work without serious hassle, and they removed the stock ones I liked the best. Ugh...

Plus, I've never not had issues with Mini V running in PT, on both win and mac.

I still like their stuff, but some of the shine has definitely worn off.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 12-06-2017, 12:14 AM

Downloading updates for v5 now as i type , I am just happy the GUI is apparently fixed in Solina and the Vox continental (guess i will have to wait and see if it's better)as the Vox and Solina GUI's were so blurry for me, It was almost unusable and gave me a headache just looking at them on the screen, and they were my 2 favourite instruments of the lot.

After upgrading from v4 to v5 , I did contact Arturia support a few times asking when they would fix the blurriness of Solina and Vox and they would never acknowledge it was blurry, and even though they issued many updates for those instruments, they never got around to fixing those blurry GUI's. Now though in V6, Arturia are bragging about the GUI improvements , so I guess I was not the only one who must have been complaining.
- I just hope these Gui improvements translate through to my V5 instruments as well.

Other notable thoughts of V5 is the V5 Piano to me was a real DUD compared to others I already owned (I hated it actually and thought of it as cringeworthy) , and now V6 is saying they have added 3 more piano emulation tones to it and compressor (big deal) "to the existing piano in V5" ..., Does that mean its the same terrible piano but with 3 new presets, I won't know, therefore I will have to let others be the judge of those ?

Regarding the $199 V6 upgrade
, I am actually happy with my current range of instruments (except their piano), nor can I afford to be spending another $199 right now for V6 either. I think that $199 is already too expensive for an upgrade , especially after Black Friday's spend up, and now being this close to the xmas season and i am not paying that money for what V6 is offering.

I will pass on the $199 offer ( thats too overpriced already for an upgrade IMO), and I surely will not be paying $400 dollars later on for it thats for sure, so I guess thats a NO from me for the upgrade.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-06-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftalive View Post

I've been a Mini V owner for years, and they apparently changed (to standardize, I guess) the preset format from V4 to V5, so none of my old Mini V presets work without serious hassle, and they removed the stock ones I liked the best. Ugh...

Humm, that sounds a bit lack lustre from Arturia with compatibility as well as pricing.

I don't know what is with these companies who are bringing these constant near full price upgrade costs, version after version. Not many are going to stomach the full price for the suite at $499 or whatever it is. That's why the street price has been $249 for the last year or two. Trying to charge loyal customers €199 for the upgrade is a slap in the face. Make it €99 max and I'll give it serious consideration.

Native Instruments is similar in this respect. At least they had a decent Black Friday 50% off upgrade sale this year so I finally upgraded Komplete 9.

Competition is fierce out there. For example IK Multimedia recently released Syntronik Instruments. 17 tasty synths and keys for €180. Do I think I'll bother upgrading my Arturia for €199? No I don't think so.

Stephen

Old 12-06-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftalive View Post

When I got the email yesterday and watched the video with the new synths I thought this is great - finally we have a true Fairlight CMI (not the one from UVI which isn't even close) that has resynthesis. The DX7 hopefully is as good as it looks - I've had FM7 and now FM8 for years and while they sound pretty good making sounds on them ain't easy fro someone who had an actual DX7-IID. Clavinet might be okay as well. The Buchla - meh.

Then I saw the upgrade price and thought I'll wait until sometime next year when it drops down to sane levels AND Arturia works out the inevitable bugs their beta testing misses.

As to the old presets missing for the most part they are there but they changed the naming convention. The old names were sorted by the sound designer and they removed that as well as changing some of the names themselves. Right pain in the butt.

All this coming from someone who's been with Arturia since the original miniMoog and Moog Modular came out.

BTW - it took literally hours to get all the update downloads for VC5 yesterday and I'm on what is normally a fast Verizon FIOS connection.

QAPLA!
Old 12-06-2017, 05:36 AM

So whilst I am having a reality check (and hopefully Arturia) lets' consider the current AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 at £60 here in the UK.

That includes the following:-

The AIR AIEP3 Complete Instrument Pack Includes:

• Hybrid 3.0 – High-Definition Analog & Wavetable Synth
• Loom – Modular Additive Synthesizer
• Vacuum Pro – Polyphonic Analog Tube Synthesizer
• Structure – Multi-Timbral Sampler Instrument
• Strike – Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
• Velvet – Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
• Transfuser – Melodic & Rhythmic Groove-Creation Instrument
• THE RISER – Synth-based Transition Designer
• DB-33 – Tonewheel Organ Simulator
• MINI GRAND – Acoustic Grand Piano
• Fresh AIR Expansion – Presets for Vacuum Pro
• Flux Transitions Expansion – Presets for theRiser
• AIR Creative FX Collection PLUS – 28 Classic Audio FX
• XPAND!2 – MULTITIMBRAL ALL–IN–ONE WORKSTATION

I don't them all but there's some excellent stuff and this price is almost impossible to fault.

Yes, I'm pretty certain I won't be paying €199 for the latest Arturia upgrade

Stephen

Old 12-06-2017, 06:59 AM

I have been with Arturia since the beginning and have upgraded every time they rolled new stuff out.
This time, I am not going to bite at that $199 price. I'm with Jack, I will wait a year or so and see what they do or if they offer any other options, i.e. lower price for the upgrade.

The clavinet might of got me to jump if I hadn't picked up the Waves one for $29 a few months ago.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection