Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 PM

Question How do I find the AIF file and why is Export grayed out

I am VERY new to recording and I have M-powered 8. I just finished recording 4 drum tracks with a line in mp3 piano track for a total of 5 tracks. A friend has the same program and he wants me to send him the AIF file( or any other type of file). How do I do this? The export under "File" is grayed out and I don't see my file anywhere. I can only see the separate wav files for each instrument.

Nevermind! I found the answer. I Googled it.

Last edited by Ron-Daytona; 01-31-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I found the answer
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Default Re: How do I find the AIF file and why is Export grayed out

For anyone else that has this question, all of you audio files are in the audio files folder in you session folder. In Pro Tools make a duplicate track of what you want to send and consolidate it. Copy it from audio file folder to wherever you want it to be. There are a few different ways to do this, and this is one.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com