Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Default Laptop not recognizing external hard drive

This is a bit perplexing... I have an ASUS G60VX laptop w/PTMP8.0.3.. I bought an Iomega 1 T external hard drive to be my backup to a Seagate external that I use as my recording/playback drive. I formatted the Iomega to run on the Windows 7 ASUS . I hooked up the Iomega with my old external backup drive which is a Western Digital HD and copied the session backups to the Iomega. I changed drives because the Western Digital operates at 5400 rpm, and I wanted both my externals to run at 7200. Hence the Iomega purchase. Now my issue.. it seems the computer will only recognize one external drive for some reason.. I turn on the Iomega and I see it up and running. Then I turn on the Seagate and all of a sudden I see the Iomega disappear, and the Seagate recognized instead.. I started up the system three different times and in three different orders and each time, the Iomega would be knocked off the system. Has anyone else had this type of an issue, and might you direct me to setting that might need to be changed.. I had no problems at all with the Western Dig, and Seagate being recognized... Thanks, Richrdc