Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 06-19-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Digidelivery client stalling or failing

For the past couple of weeks the digidelivery client has been stalling or failing all attempted downloads. I am sure that it is on my end because I know that other people have been able to download the same files that I am trying to access. When I say it has been stalling, it will usually start the download process telling me that it will take 3 hours. The time gradually goes up to 10 or 12 hours and then the progress bar turns into a moving "candy stripe". I have left it downloading overnight a couple of times only to come in to see the moving stripe. On other attempts I just get a failure notice. I have been able to use the macintosh digiidelivery client successfully on many occasions from this same computer in the same location. I have tried deleting preferences and reinstalling the program to no avail. Do you have any tips or troubleshooting procedures I can work on or that I can pass on to our IT guys? I am running on a machine that is one of many connected to the internet through our main server. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Digidelivery client stalling or failing

Do you have the latest client? Or was it posted by someone who is using an old client? I have seen this sort of problem if this is the case.
regards
Simon L.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 AM

I am using the latest client for macintosh and the poster is using the latest software as well. Other people have been able to successfully download the same content from the same poster.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Avid

This sounds like it could be a connection problem - have you tried new ethernet cables and making sure that all connections are firmly seated? Is there another computer on the same network that you could test from, just to see if it's really something about that particular computer or if it affects all computers on the same network or subnet?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:05 PM

I have tried another computer on the same network with the same result. I'm sure it has something to do with our network, but our IT guys have not been able to find the problem. I was wondering if you might have some troubleshooting tips for me to pass on to them. I am specifically curious as to what exactly causes a failure. Our internet connection has been slowing down severely at some times during the day, but even then our graphics department is able to send and receive ftp files, only at a slower rate. For some reason, digidelivery is just giving me a failure notice rather than to continue to download at a slower rate. What makes the ftp downloads succeed while the digidelivery downloads fail? Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:59 PM

I'm still having the same problem. Any ideas?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Avid

This is a rough one - since it definitely seems to be something specific to the network, really the next steps would be to check possible points on the network, such as a bad cable or connection, a mis-configured firewall, a router with out-of-date firmware, or some other element. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult for us to say where to start, as there are so many possible variables. Given the fact that FTP transfers and general network usage can get slow, if it were me, I'd look for proper settings on firewalls and routers, maybe resetting firmware or reloading configuration files. Bad or loose cables are also always suspect.

I'm sorry that we can't be of more assistance - hopefully your IT personnel can take the time to look into this and pinpoint the source of the problem with some troubleshooting.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 AM

Hello !

I am encountering the same problem. I manage to launch the downloading, it starts normally, the progress bar advances normally, then if it was down 50 % for example, it goes back to 20 %, until the downloading fails. I work as an independant worker and my computer is not part of a network, it's the only one logged into the Internet at home. I have to add that when I try to download the files via an FTP server, it works without any problem. Do you have any advice as to how I can fix that?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hello !

I am encountering the same problem. I manage to launch the downloading, it starts normally, the progress bar advances normally, then if it was down 50 % for example, it goes back to 20 %, until the downloading fails. I work as an independant worker and my computer is not part of a network, it's the only one logged into the Internet at home. I have to add that when I try to download the files via an FTP server, it works without any problem. Do you have any advice as to how I can fix that?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Are you on Mac or PC?

If you're on Mac, try trashing the preference file called 'com.digidesign.digidelivery.plist', empty the trash, restart and try again.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 AM

I am on PC...