Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2024, 01:38 PM

Default Accusonus ERA De-Plosive

I'm here to give some love to this plug-in. And I'm also here to mourn it's loss. Moving entirely to silicone, I have lost the ability to use this plug-in. It is literally the only plug-in that does what it does effectively within the Pro Tools real-time plug-in environment that I know of. I also have RX10 with its de-plosive plug-in, which is also excellent. But using this as a real-time plug-in in Pro Tools is not feasible with its longer than allowable latency for delay compensation and the associated real-time latency. I know there are workarounds and manual shifting that can be done. But it's not the same.

I have searched everywhere I know and can't find a replacement for the ERA De-Plosive plug-in. There are many people advocating for multi-band dynamics or dynamic eq to handle plosives. But they do not do the same thing as the Izotope and Accusonus solutions. Not even close.

Does anyone know of an effective replacement for ERA De-Plosive? Are there any developers here that will take up the challenge of creating one?
Old 02-21-2024, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Accusonus ERA De-Plosive

iZotope RX 10 Features De-plosive, I don't know the others and that's good!
Old 02-21-2024, 09:53 PM

W43 Noise Reduction Plugin (I have WNS I couldn't find this preset), I read from internet this trick, but I have not proved it honestly:

Waves has a plugin called W43 and a preset called "Wind" I usually drop the low slider down until the plosives are under control.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:06 PM

Acon has one. I haven't tried it real-time though. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I use RX. Depends on the voice.