Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Default Exporting MP3 files - 'Access violation occurred'

Hi,
I'm having a problem to export my wave files as Mp3. I have a pentium Dual core, and i'm using my ilock key to convert the files. I have already convert some files, but now the system doens't allow me to convert some files saying 'access violation occurred'. Do you guys have any idea of what's wrong?
Thankx in advance and take care!
Fil (ATJ Records)
Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Avid

Default Re: Exporting MP3 files - 'Access violation occurred'

Is it possible that you don't have proper access to the files? Are they being put into a compressed folder?

Can you tell me the exact workflow and when in that process you're getting the error?

You should also look at the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread and see if anything there helps at all.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:28 AM

Is it possible that you don't have proper access to the files? Are they being put into a compressed folder?

Can you tell me the exact workflow and when in that process you're getting the error?

You should also look at the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread and see if anything there helps at all.

No... that couldn't be the problem because i do have proper access to the files. And they are not in a compressed folder.
I've imported that audio files (wav. 24Bit, 44.1Hz) and i have export the files as MP3. I was able to export 8 files that way, but now i get that message...
I tried the General Troubleshooting thread, but it didn't help, because aparently everything is fine with my system. i'm still seaking for help.
Thanks in advance.

Filipe Mac.
Portugal
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Avid

Are the files you're bouncing and having problems with different in any way from the ones you're successful with? Are they saved to a different folder or drive? Are they named differently, possibly with illegal characters in the name?
Old 02-13-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm having the same issue and it's clearly an issue with the software. It doesn't seem to happen with any rhyme or reason and often exiting the program and restarting corrects the problem. The error message occurs after the song has played and the file conversion gets to the end of the process.