Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2024, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Time Insertion that Actually Moves EVERYTHING?

It’s rather pointless to argue this here. If you feel strongly that this is a feature you’d like to see then I highly suggest you make a suggestion using Avid Link.

For right now, this is how Pro Tools functions. Nothing you yell or rant about is going to change that. What can change is your workflow and adapting to the behaviors of the software, even if they’re not to your liking.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Because they're hidden. The assumption is you don't need them. If you did, you would show them. If you want that option, show the tracks. It tells you that.
There are myriad reasons for hiding tracks—decluttering the workspace, hiding and disabling to conserve CPU energy, and many others. If I don't need a track, it won't be in the session, period. Whatever is hidden, for whatever reason, is needed. Justifying PT's sloppiness for such a nonsensical reason is lame and doesn't get them off the hook. I just had to reposition over 50 "selection" type memory locations (yes, the project is that big) because PT's sloppiness goes on to exclude those in a time insertion as well. I'm sure, as I go, I'll be unpleasantly surprised by other elements not included, like discovering just now that it also doesn't include any playlists... the primary track will move, but none of the playlists. The bottom line is this: that when a time insertion is imposed, every single element in the project needs to be repositioned accordingly.

How about instead of "It tells you that," they fix it to behave properly?
2TB Internal SSD
Apple Studio Monitor, 27"
3 External Monitors: 27", 27" & 65"
Apollo X8P Mixer Interface
PreSonus 32R Mixer Interface
Old 01-09-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
...Please Avid, just add an option to affect *all playlists & hidden tracks*...
This. Having to open all playlists to make an edit that affects them is a huge pain point for me; if you've got 100+ tracks with 30+ playlists on each (as one often does in orch recording), having to open all those playlists up to make an edit when there's a form change is very problematic.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 01-09-2024, 08:34 AM

Quote:
If you feel strongly that this is a feature you’d like to see then I highly suggest you make a suggestion using Avid Link.
Well, for that to work, Avid would have to undergo a radical policy change and start actually giving a crap what their users are experiencing, get off their "we're the industry standard so we don't have to try," and fix problems such as this one, problems users have been complaining about for decades now.
2TB Internal SSD
Apple Studio Monitor, 27"
3 External Monitors: 27", 27" & 65"
Apollo X8P Mixer Interface
PreSonus 32R Mixer Interface
Old 01-09-2024, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It’s rather pointless to argue this here. If you feel strongly that this is a feature you’d like to see then I highly suggest you make a suggestion using Avid Link.
Do you think making suggestions via Avid-Link, works as well as submitting via 'Idea Scale' used to? I.e Not at all...it was wasn't referred to as 'Ignore Scale' for nothing..

Genuinely though. What is the best way to submit something, and actually have Avid notice?

The issue highlighted in this thread, & being able to open folder tracks when in record mode, are my two biggest day-to-day gripes..i've just paid another £400 to stay up to date...who do I talk to?

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 01-09-2024, 10:13 PM

I agree we need the option to have all playlists move too. This is a huge headache as is.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:09 PM

Yes please. This would be great.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:57 AM

Agreed. Nothing worse than doing an important time edit and realising you forgot to expand a folder, or a playlist view...

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 01-10-2024, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Agreed. Nothing worse than doing an important time edit and realising you forgot to expand a folder, or a playlist view...
Yes, and related - though this may divide the room, I dunno - "show all tracks" should show ALL hidden tracks, and so should automatically open all closed folders as well, i.e. so you can actually see ALL tracks, as opposed to SOME tracks.