Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2023, 02:14 PM

Default Avid's Aphex Big Bottom and Aural Exciter

Sorry, not sure if this plugin is maintained by Avid or Aphex but both are incredibly broken. Not working correctly at all. Also, needs to be updated and resized bigtime. Does anyone know if they are working on this at all?

Thanks, Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 07-13-2023, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Avid's Aphex Big Bottom and Aural Exciter

Hey Marc,

the aphex exciter is working fine over here under Monterey and my 5,1 cheese grater. im sure it it fine with my 2013 mac pro as well.

could this issue be that you are on a m2 machine?

ej
Old 07-13-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Hey Marc,

the aphex exciter is working fine over here under Monterey and my 5,1 cheese grater. im sure it it fine with my 2013 mac pro as well.

could this issue be that you are on a m2 machine?

ej
Hey Eric, not sure to be honest. I bought the plugin when I purchased my M1 Macbook Pro computer so, that might be the case.
I mean it's really buggy so I wanted to post this to see if anyone else is having these same issues. Maybe it's an Apple Silicon issue.
The plugins pull up but, when moving a knob, it reverts back to the original placement. That happens on both plugins. Other stuff as well.

Thanks for letting me know it's working ok on the old Mac Pro's. I decommissioned mine when I got the M1 MB Pro. I wonder if it's an OS thing too. I'm on Monterey.

Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

Old 07-13-2023, 11:46 PM

I'm not doing the m1/m2 thing for a while. I need reliable stuff that works. i would hate to loose this plugin.

I use it on almost every mix!!!!

ej
Old 07-14-2023, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
I'm not doing the m1/m2 thing for a while. I need reliable stuff that works. i would hate to loose this plugin.

I use it on almost every mix!!!!

ej
Yeah, I understand man. My Mac Pro was upgraded to the most it could be. I tried my son's M1 mac mini and it had more power. So when the Macbook Pro M1 Pro laptops came out, I bought it as most of the main plugins I work with work via Rosseta. I don't really need the Exciter and big bottom, I'm just being greedy and wanted to put it against what I already have. I'm patient. Man, when you do go to Apple Silicon, WOW... it's triple the power of that Mac Pro but I'm going to get the Mac Ultra as a final Mac as I need it for videos and the such. That is triple+ the power of this M1 and that's way more power than I need and will ever need.

Great times...Marc