How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 AM

Default newbie please help , plug in prob

Hi all .
many thanks for reading this , ive installed my xln online installer , trying to install the free adictive keys and adictive drums ,, it has downloaded it onto my p.c ,, but its not in pro tools ? its outside of the program ? is this correct ,,
Many thanks jim
Old 11-29-2018, 08:28 AM

Default Re: newbie please help , plug in prob

Welcome to the Community,

I see you have PT First listed in your info and if that is what you are using here the only plugins that works with PT First are the ones purchased in the Avid Marketplace inside PT.

None of the 3rd party plugins and VI like addictive stuff will work. It is a limitation of the free Pro Tools version so if you want to use third party plugins and instruments you have to buy them from inside PT called Avid Marketplace.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-29-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojams View Post
Hi all .
many thanks for reading this , ive installed my xln online installer , trying to install the free adictive keys and adictive drums ,, it has downloaded it onto my p.c ,, but its not in pro tools ? its outside of the program ? is this correct ,,
Many thanks jim
Your profile says Pro Tools First. (Many profiles are out of date, if that is wrong let us know).

Unfortunately Pro Tools First only supports plugins purchased from the Avid store, yes all other AAX-64 plugins will not work with First. One of the restrictions of First that makes it something more to avoid. Full Pro Tools standard, including with a subscription license will run all AAX-64 plugins. The other serious First limit is no compatibility with current Pro Tools sessions. A monthly subscription to full Pro Tools is a much better way IMNSHO to try out Pro Tools if that is what you are wanting to do?
Old 11-29-2018, 11:15 AM

many thanks indeed ,, im happy now , as im more an acoustic guitar singer , pt first does have some basic drums etc ,,, i was more frustrated the fact that i knew id done everything correct but couldnt open it ,,, i think it should explain this better but hey ho ,, once i get me head round pt first i shall upgrade in new year anyway kind regards