Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 07:49 AM

Default PT 9 troubleshooting and bugs thread

I figured we could probably start a thread to help each other with problems and bugs in PT 9.

My problem is that if the usb power drops out on my macbook pro 2.4 Po tools the computer will crash and when I boot up. the only solution I found is to reinstall PT 9

Any way to fix this?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 AM

Default Re: PT 9 troubleshooting and bugs thread

Apogee Symphony 64 VBUS channels crash PT9 and don't work booting in 64 bit or with the 64 bit Apogee drivers.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 AM

The only bug that I've noticed in 9.0.2/Win 7 is after leaving the computer for a while, the output would mess up.

Maybe something to do with the new I/O system and auto-save?

A MIDI track would play an audio file, or an audio track would play the wrong file...

It's only happened a few times and restarting the session fixed it, but it's scary.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:50 AM

The major bug I have noticed around here is that too many people don't know how to use the Search function...

Someone else already put forth the idea of a similar thread and was referred to the proper channels.

Find it...read it...live it (or whatever it was that Mr. Hand said to Spicoli...)
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Anyone else???

I'm not looking for an nonsense answer... just making Avid aware.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Often when I start ProTools it won't play. I have to shut ProTools down and restart it then it'll play. Don't have to reboot computer, just restart ProTools.

Using 002R with MacBook Pro 2011. ProTools had the same problem on my older MacBook.

If any smart guys want to direct me to an existing thread with a solution that I couldn't find using the 'search' function be my guest but please post a link.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:15 PM

If you look at the date of the original post, you'll see that it's around the time that PT 9 first came out.

Guess what I used to find the thread?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 PM

that was helpful

anyone else?
Old 04-24-2011, 02:25 PM

That wasn't directed to you.

I was making the point that there really isn't a "bug" thread for PT 9 that's on going.

You're talking about PT 9 on both systems right?

I would guess an issue with the 002R...
Old 04-24-2011, 05:51 PM

Okay...apologies to all...

There is a bug thread out there, but since I couldn't find it, and I had a good idea what to search for, you guys probably couldn't have found it either.

So, here's how you play the game...

First remember that this is a user community, not an official Avid support site. Avid's tech guys might look in here from time to time, but that's just a courtesy.

If you have verified that your problem is in fact a bug, go to http://protools.ideascale.com/. First, read the information at the top of the page. Then, toward the bottom of the menu on the left you'll find Bugs. Click that link and follow the instructions.

That is the official bug reporting site...

In reality, a "bug report" thread is useless, because nobody is going to read it. If you really feel compelled to report your bug here for the benefit of others, first do a search for an existing thread on the bug. If you can't reasonably locate one, start a new thread. It would be a good idea to make the subject something like this:

BUG - PT 9 won't record 10,000 tracks

By posting a subject like this, people who scan the threads can immediately determine your problem and may be able to offer help. Often a "bug" is just a "problem" that can be resolved by others here. Other times, when it is a true "bug", others may have developed a work-around.

And try to make your message coherent and readable. "Heh heh" or various hip-hop terms are probably not a good thing to include in your message. Nice short sentences, with punctuation, and broken up into paragraphs are what people really need to see here.

Oh, and make sure you check the Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! thread at http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=193636 before posting.

And while I came off as an *sshole at the beginning of this thread, I really do try to give back the information others have given me, as do many others here.

And now that everything is back to normal we can all have snacks...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh

Last edited by Bill Denton; 04-24-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Da I tag wasn't down...