Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 03:49 PM

Default At my wits end!!! Digi 003 AHHHHH!

So this week I bought an old Digi 003 console, apart from a few tired faders which I'm replacing, it is (was) in a 100% working order, every single LED, button and encoder worked perfectly and it sounded great. Even getting running with PT 10 and 11 was a breeze. Not bad considering its been hammered and for what I paid for it I was happy.

Then disaster. I powered up booted PT and got a message about the session unable to run at 48kHz. Well I know about the issue, you have to have the 003 NOT selected as the primary sound card in Win 7. So I selected the realtek sound card of my computer which is the correct thing to do when running PT.

But I did it while PT was still running. Ever since then all I get is horrible distortion from the 003. including any audio from the internet or music files anything running through the 003. The thing is I've had this problem with my Mbox a few times, it happened last month with my mbox2. I had to do clean installs of drivers and Pro tools to get it working. And thats what I've been doing all day to no avail.
I've removed everything that I can find on my PC that begins with Avid or digidesign in the registry. If it doesn't work now I don't know what to do. I'm in despair and feel like bursting in to tears. The Mbox 2 works but not the 003.

Symptoms are: Distortion when audio plays through 003 however the 003 still functions perfectly with PT no lag etc. There is no audio coming out of the headphone outs at all. There is low level rumble and distortion coming from the speakers when audio is playing even though the 003 is muted, so certain parameters of the 003 are being bypassed.

In Pro tools 10 I get a message that the interlok R driver is missing or outdated, but there is no way to update this, (I've heard of other people having this issue.)

Depressed.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:19 AM

Default Re: At my wits end!!! Digi 003 AHHHHH! [SOLVED]

Well it turns out after opening the unit the other day to replace a fader I'd snagged the wiring harness to the preamp/monitor PCB board and pulled out the connector

All good again.

So you can all calm down, go back to work whatever.