Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Pro Tools 7.4 reinstall on my iMac

Hello,

I've been running Pro Tools 7.4 on my iMac for about 6 years now. After not using it for a long time I noticed that my plugins weren't working at all anymore so forgetting how much of a pain in the ass it was I stupidly decided to try and re-install pro tools from the 7.0 disc I have.
Install seemingly went smoothly, but when I tried to launch Pro Tools it just crashed every single time. Ok, so I remember there were specifics about versions and operating systems etc. and thought maybe I just need to install back to where I currently was at PT7.4. Well, those upgrades were previously ones that I got from an amnesty upgrade and then a purchased upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4. Unfortunately I also did those upgrades through a now defunct email address that I used when I was in college.
I really need some help getting my system back up and running asap. If I there's no way for me to restore 7.4 I guess I'll just live with 7.0 but I've just got to have something. I've got a project with a deadline by the end of next week and I'm losing valuable time trying to navigate Avid's horrendous support system.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.4 reinstall on my iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmidden View Post
Hello,

I've been running Pro Tools 7.4 on my iMac for about 6 years now. After not using it for a long time I noticed that my plugins weren't working at all anymore so forgetting how much of a pain in the ass it was I stupidly decided to try and re-install pro tools from the 7.0 disc I have.
Install seemingly went smoothly, but when I tried to launch Pro Tools it just crashed every single time. Ok, so I remember there were specifics about versions and operating systems etc. and thought maybe I just need to install back to where I currently was at PT7.4. Well, those upgrades were previously ones that I got from an amnesty upgrade and then a purchased upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4. Unfortunately I also did those upgrades through a now defunct email address that I used when I was in college.
I really need some help getting my system back up and running asap. If I there's no way for me to restore 7.4 I guess I'll just live with 7.0 but I've just got to have something. I've got a project with a deadline by the end of next week and I'm losing valuable time trying to navigate Avid's horrendous support system.
Assuming you can remember the login information the download links etc should be in your MyAvid (formerly MyDigi) account. You would be able to access them that way. I'm assuming since you mention your old email you've attempted to recover your login information and were unsuccessful?

Did you by any chance burn the installers to disk and save your authorization codes? Or change your account to the new email before you discarded it. Support step number one involves covering your own butt

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 PM

I've got the auth codes for 7.3 and 7.4 I tried to dl 7.3 after digging around a bit on the avid site and used my code but it said I couldn't download the installer again since it had already been used once.
Funnily enough I wrote down my password for my digidesign account but not my username. I tried everything I could have fathomed as a username that I've used in the past but none of them worked in conjunction. Additionally I thought I forwarded all of that info to my new email address when I made the switch years ago but searching the archives I'm not seeing anything.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM

And, just to check again I went back as far as I could in the gmail account I forwarded all of my old college emails to and looks like they're only storing as far back as 2010. I originally bought and installed this stuff in '07.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM

Ahh. That sucks.

If you havent seen them the cs updates are here. Still need a base install of 7.4 though.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Holy [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]! After spending the day grappling with this I finally managed to unlock my old Mydigi account! I'm in and I found the 7.4 installer. On to the next set of issues. Thanks for keeping an eye on me sunburst79!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM

Good deal. You never mentioned what version of OS you have, so be aware, the version of OSX will have a huge impact on which version of Pro Tools you can run

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmidden View Post
Holy [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]! After spending the day grappling with this I finally managed to unlock my old Mydigi account! I'm in and I found the 7.4 installer. On to the next set of issues. Thanks for keeping an eye on me sunburst79!
Your user info says 10.5.8.

You can find compatibility information at the top of the page. Glad to hear you cracked the code Without sounding too snarky might i suggest burning a CD (or two) of the installer?

On with the show.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page