Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-12-2013, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Air instruments expansion pack $299 7 instruments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
The horror story continues:

AAX PLUGINS WILL NOT LOAD IN PT10!!

Yes I know I am shouting but I clearly want to warn others.

I am on PT 10.3.3 with MacOSX 10.8.3 HD3 PCIe MacPro, so clearly within the system requirements given on the air website.

Nevertheless, after correct installation (successful) and correct authorization (successful) of both transfuser and velvet, when starting up PT I got the message

"Protools could not load the following plugins because no valid authorization could be found, the ilok key was not connected or the plugin was damaged:

Transfuser.aax
Velvet.aax"

Great going AIR!!
Are you talking about PT 11 or PT 10 here, cause you already had the rtas version of the IPE working in PT 10. It's been confirmed to me that they will not port the rtas version of PT 10 IPE to aax. So you need to keep the RTAS version to work with PT 10.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-12-2013, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Are you talking about PT 11 or PT 10 here, cause you already had the rtas version of the IPE working in PT 10. It's been confirmed to me that they will not port the rtas version of PT 10 IPE to aax. So you need to keep the RTAS version to work with PT 10.
I am talking about PT 10, I do not have PT 11 on this computer.

It says on the website of AIR that all the VI's are compatible with PT10.2 (or higher I guess). So I do not really understand what you mean when you say I have to keep the RTAS versions to keep working in PT10. I will keep the RTAS versions, but does that mean that in my setup I will not be able to get the new versions of Strike, Structure, etc to work?? Could you elaborate on that, thanks!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I'm on PT11 so need the new Strike version. Your comments don't diminish the fact that the download is painfully slow and I can't even download part two as the download stops before completing (4 times so far). It's taken two days to download 3 parts out of 10.

Bloody ridiculous!

Air has taken on a cheap n nasty look about it and judging by it's useless website, is being run by amateurs. This is starting to remind me of the recent iLok fiasco.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 10-12-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
I'm on PT11 so need the new Strike version. Your comments don't diminish the fact that the download is painfully slow and I can't even download part two as the download stops before completing (4 times so far). It's taken two days to download 3 parts out of 10.

Bloody ridiculous!

Air has taken on a cheap n nasty look about it and judging by it's useless website, is being run by amateurs. This is starting to remind me of the recent iLok fiasco.
Except, to their credit, iLok worked all weekend in the middle of summer to try and get as many people up and running as possible, and so did Avid for much of the weekend. At least a very long Saturday. I'm not painting them as martyrs or anything, but at least that showed some hint of giving a crap.

I am Sooooo glad I didn't get my code. I'm sure I would have rolled the dice as soon as the first person on another thread reported all around success.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
I am talking about PT 10, I do not have PT 11 on this computer.

It says on the website of AIR that all the VI's are compatible with PT10.2 (or higher I guess). So I do not really understand what you mean when you say I have to keep the RTAS versions to keep working in PT10. I will keep the RTAS versions, but does that mean that in my setup I will not be able to get the new versions of Strike, Structure, etc to work?? Could you elaborate on that, thanks!

Cheers, Bob.
If you have an earlier version of PTIEP that uses iLok, showing up under digidesign in your plug list, you can keep those on your system and continue to use them. The new VI's show up under Air Music Technology in your plug in list. Keep both.

In my case the older version works on 10.3.7 and the new version also works on 10.3.7. New version is Vacuum Pro, Transfuser, Hybrid, Velvet, and Loom.

So, my problem on Mac, like everyone else is the downloads for Strike and Structure are corrupt. Fortunately, I found out before I downloaded Stucture, Strike was long enough to drive you crazy, even at 2.4 MB per second download speed.

Hopefully next week a fix might happen. Would be cool if you only needed one file to fix the problem, as opposed to downloading the entire set again! Guess I could wait for my discs....ya think they are correct??
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
Guess I could wait for my discs....ya think they are correct??
I would speculate that yes - most likely the files were corrupted when uploaded to servers for dissemination
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
If you have an earlier version of PTIEP that uses iLok, showing up under digidesign in your plug list, you can keep those on your system and continue to use them. The new VI's show up under Air Music Technology in your plug in list. Keep both.

In my case the older version works on 10.3.7 and the new version also works on 10.3.7. New version is Vacuum Pro, Transfuser, Hybrid, Velvet, and Loom.

So, my problem on Mac, like everyone else is the downloads for Strike and Structure are corrupt. Fortunately, I found out before I downloaded Stucture, Strike was long enough to drive you crazy, even at 2.4 MB per second download speed.

?
Thanks! So it seems that another piece of them is incorrect. They state on their website that the plugins (all of them) are compatible with PT 10.2 but apparently you have to go to PT 10.3.7.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:44 AM

I think we can agree that this release is a mess. Authorization issues, broken downloads, and an illogical website. Let's just hope that isn't a result of Sonivox taking over and losing most of the original AIR team. It's starting to appear that if they had their way, they would ultimately drop the entire AIR line. I hope this is not the case.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I think we can agree that this release is a mess. Authorization issues, broken downloads, and an illogical website. Let's just hope that isn't a result of Sonivox taking over and losing most of the original AIR team. It's starting to appear that if they had their way, they would ultimately drop the entire AIR line. I hope this is not the case.
I bought the PTIEP from Sweetwater, along with PT 8 some time ago.
I never received a discount code for the upgrade.
I've emailed Air. Sweetwater can't help me, because the upgrade is only available direct. I'll Air call on Monday.

In my years of experience, a few things seem to be self evident:

We all want more stuff-more money.
We'd rather not have to do anything to get it.
Going to the bank is too much trouble to get our free money, in fact, even going to the mailbox is too much work.
We shouldn't really have to pay for anything-we're entitled to it.

I'd have spent the $99.99 for the upgrade days ago.
But I suppose the folks at Air find that it's not worth their trouble.
I mean, if their servers are maxed out, good for them. I suppose they underestimated the demand.

Tim
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Given the nightmare scenarios that people are describing, I'm hoping that AIR will release an upgrade from the RTAS PTIEP to AAX 64 on Blu-ray or DVD. I see that you can get a backup disk but does that mean you are required to initiate the download first? Furthermore, when they say "disk" is that just for the virtual instruments, since the libraries would require multiple disks unless it is a dual or triple layer Blu-ray.

MSI X99A SLI Plus LGA2011, i7 5930 3.5 GHZ 6 core 12 threads, Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4 2400MHZ, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, LG 16x Blu-ray writer, Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD for OS, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD for samples, four WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 6Gb/s 7,200 RPM drives (audio, samples, video x 2), EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU, Corsair Cooling Hydro H100I V2, W 10 Pro, 4 TB WD USB3 external backup, PT 2020.5, IK Sampletank 4 Max, AIR IEP, Wavelab Pro 10, RME Fireface UFX w USB2 connection.