Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM

Default Re: XPand 2 No Sound Fixed

UPDATE for MAC users:

It's as simple as reinstalling the Avid Virtual Instruments bundle, but finding that info online is close to impossible.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 AM
zolko

Update for Windows users. Following http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=332683 links to registry files http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...-under-preset/
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Default No Presets or Sounds available in Xpand!

While attempting to use Xpand while working the hands on project with the coursework I am unable to playback the MIDI file using Xpand via instrument track. I had luck with other VI's but for some reason Xpand is not displaying anything in the what I believe is called "category select" section. Here is a screen shot I found online (note:this is not what mine is showing). When I try and click the box above the word "part" on any A,B,C,D I don't get anything but instead it just reads "none". Thanks for the help

Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM
zolko

Default Re: Xpand not working

Solved several times already http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328601&page=2
BTW I wonder how many times an hour customer support guys are telling about fixig this issue?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Xpand not working

I"m having the same problem. I verified all info. by the same link you posted. However my issue is I can't get any signal form my midi controller to any of my VIs. However, when I bring up the songwriter sessions that come with pro tools, As long as my instrument track is record enabled i can get signal. but this is not the case when creating a new session of my own. I've reinstalled the VIs from my PT install disc and still nothing. same issue. folder paths seem to be correct.

frustrated.....
Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Avid

Question Re: Xpand not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruhiker View Post
I"m having the same problem. I verified all info. by the same link you posted. However my issue is I can't get any signal form my midi controller to any of my VIs.
Doesn't sound like you are having the same problem. This thread is about not having Presets or Sounds to select in the pop-ups (the pop-ups just show "None"). This issue & solution is documented here:
avid.force.com/pkb/articles/troubleshooting/xpand-presets-samples-not-available

If you are not having this specific issue, please search for a thread about your issue or start a new one. Thank you.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 PM

I joined the DUC just to say THANK YOU! Hours of frustration have vanished and I can get back to being creative... Cheers!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Unhappy Re: No Patches or Sounds available in Xpand2 (only lists None)

Me Too!!!! Mac user.... Xpand, Velvet, Hybrid, Mini Grand, Vacuum..... None of them has anything but "factory default" in the menu. Never had this problem before. It's gotta be something simple yet, re-installing everything did not work for me. I even reinstalled PT 10.3.2, and all the V.I.s but nothing has worked. Need a solution fast!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Default Re: No Patches or Sounds available in Xpand2 (only lists None)

Found the answer to my patch problem on my OS 10.3.2 MacPro.
For example, open up Xpand2, then select the 'set root folder' and select your: HD Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-in Settings, and click 'open'
Only had to do it for one, and that took care of my Avid VI library problems.
I'm still not sure what caused the folder to become unselected.... Most likely my error
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM

Default Re: No Patches or Sounds available in Xpand2 (only lists None)

Hello. I NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!! It all worked onced when I had PROTOOLS 8 LE installed. I completely uninstalled PRO TOOLS LE 8 (Revo-Uninstaller) installed PRO TOOLS 10 HD and DID THE REGISTRY TRICK AND XPAND2 WORKED..... I installed windows updates and made PT10 act weird. CLEAN UNINSTALLED PT10HD-CLEAN INSTALLED ALL IS GOOD EXCEPT NOW XPAND2 DISPLAYS "NONE". I follow every step:
-Uninstalled Avid Virtual Instruments
-Reinstalled using the latest version 10.0
-Updated registry with both Xpand! and Xpand2 pointing to the right folder in C:drive exactly
as explained.. Still get "NONE" this is driving me nuts.. PLEEEEEASE HEEELP... (