Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-24-2000, 11:26 AM

Default Enabling Bruno/Reso Thru MIDI

Hi All,
I have ProTools Mix Plus with a Mac G4 running 2 MIDI devices (Alesis QS7 and Roland SC-880) thru a USB Midisport 2 x 2. I would like to be able to "play" my Bruno/Reso plug-ins thru my midi controller (QS7) but I am having some difficulties. I make a new MIDI track in ProTools and then enable Bruno in the pop-up dialog that includes my MIDI devices. I then Record enable the track ----and open up Bruno to see what is happening. Well---I see that Bruno is "reading" me hitting the keys---but I do not "SEE" any input going on on the Bruno LED's..... nor do I get anything recorded from Bruno/Reso onto a MIDI track ...nor do I hear anything coming out my monitors.....what am I doing wrong ???

Also----I know MIDI works because I select, record, play, monitor, record to audio etc......when I select either QS7 and SC-880 in the pop-up MIDI dialog----

I would think that I "should" be able to select a MIDI channel routing thru the pop-up Bruno ----- (it shows a screen shot of being able to select a MIDI channel in the manual) but that does not seem to be the case with me---

Anyway--I am rambling here---- HELP PLEASE !!!!!
Old 01-25-2000, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Enabling Bruno/Reso Thru MIDI

You need to play some kind of audio source back through the track that bruno or reso is on. That's how it cross-synthesizes.