Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 03-03-2015, 02:35 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 ilok license

Hi All,

I have had Pro Tools 9 for quite some time and I have just upgraded to Pro Tools 11 with the free student upgrade. It is now saying that my ilok key has the license for Pro Tools 9 and I can not proceed with Pro Tools 11 without it. I only received a green ilok key but the ilok device manager says that on my account there was a ilok 2 key registered as well. I have just bought a new ilok 2 key but I am unable to get the license for Pro Tools 9 onto it as it is saying that I need to plug in the ilok key, which I never had.....
I am very confused and frustrated...
I am in Australia if that helps at all?

Please help!

Amy
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 ilok license

What you are saying does not make sense/well I suspect nobody here can follow what you mean.

You had Pro Tools 9 license on an iLok? There is no way you ever legitimately used Pro Tools 9 without an iLok and a Pro Tools 9 licenses asset on that iLok. Where is that iLok now?

What exact upgrade (SKU number/exact description) do you have? You sure this was from Pro Tools 9 to 11?

What computer, details... what exact version of the ILM software?

When you connect that old iLok with the Pro Tools 9 license asset on it to your computer what exactly does the ILM show you is on the iLok? (screenshot...).
Old 03-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Hi,
Sorry for not making sence, I am just super confused.
I have had the ilok 1 (green one) and used that one for Pro Tools 9
I have not used Pro Tools for some time and wanted to get back into it but as I had upgraded my OSX on my MacBook Pro I was unable to use Pro Tools 9.
I had an email from AVID to upgrade my Pro Tools to 11 as I bought the extended 4 year upgrade offer when I bought Pro Tools 9.
The ilok device manager is now saying that I had an ilok 2 (black with blue light) attached to Pro Tools 9 which I did not have. I did lend my computer, MBox and Pro Tools to a friend who did some recording (a fellow student at the time) and I am unsure if it could be her ilok that is connected to my Pro Tools licence?
I do not know if this is still making sence.
I just need to know how I can transfer my licence from an ilok that is on my account but not mine (so I guess technically lost?) onto a new ilok that I just bought a couple of days ago.
I have a Mac Book Pro computer running a legit copy of Pro Tools 9 up until the upgrade to OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
Please if any of this does not make sence please ask again.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:47 PM

.... what exact version of the ILM (iLok License Manager) software is installed?

When you go into the ILM are you logged into *your* iLok account? (I'm starting to suspect not, log out and in again)

When you connect that old iLok with the Pro Tools 9 license asset on it to your computer what exactly does the ILM show you is on the iLok? (screenshot...).
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM

I am logged in as myself on the ilok device manager
The other ilok has been removed via ilok RMA

It has been put in as follows

YOUR RMA DETAILS

Incident Number: I took this out so no one else could use it
RMA Number: RMA2516120
RMA Type: LOST
RMA Created: 2015-02-27, 19:25, (+1100)
Account User ID: amz-star
iLok Serial Number: 000F21D0
Coverage: NONE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 11.49.07 am.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 11.48.53 am.jpg (32.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:02 PM

That shows the Pro Tools 11 license in your account. It is not on an iLok yet. You need to go buy an iLok2 dongle, and then you can drag the license from your account into the iLok.

Look where the ilok1 and ilok2 are listed - they say zero activations. This means the two iLok dongles associated with your account are both empty.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:40 PM

When I plug in the ilok 2 dongle and try to drag it over it says that it needs the licence for the Pro Tools 9.

The attachment shows what it does....
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 12.40.02 pm.png (47.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM

So that means you must surrender your PT9 license, wherever it is. Since this is an upgrade, they take the old license and give you the new ones.

I don't know what you mean about the ilok - you say the PT9 license is on someone else's ilok that is linked to your account, but it's lost?

Are you using two separate iLok accounts?
Old 03-03-2015, 05:48 PM

And I have no idea what the RMA you are talking about for. An RMA is for returning a damaged iLok to pace... have or are you returning the iLok that had the Pro Tools 9 license on it to Pace becasue it is not readable? If not what exactly is the RMA for?

Do you have the upgrade instructions in front of you and following them step by step...?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:04 PM

I have followed the upgrade steps. There was another ilok2 attached to my ilok account that was not mine, that is what the RMA is.
That is fine that they want to take the old licence to give me the new one, but the old licence is not on my ilok1 for some reason?
It has been there before and now it has gone. I am confused.
I am only using one ilok account. I didn't know if it was possible for the other person to be on my account and put the licence on their ilok? I am not sure if that is even possible, I am just really confused and I really was hoping that I could do some recording whilst I have the time......
Thank you both for your responses too. I hope I am not doing your heads in too much.