Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 PM

Default Any support information yet?

So essentially I've been stuck out of the studio for a few days with nothing to do but look around.

In this adventure, I'm wondering if anyone that purchased crossgrades/upgrades between Oct 1 2014 and Dec 31 2014 have received any information from Avid about their support plan?

I received my first email indicating that I will be notified via email when it becomes active. I have yet to receive anything. What did I pay for? It's been 3months (well on Saturday) and so far nothing has come out that I wouldn't have received had I not 'jumped' on the bandwagon.

At this point, my PT11 rig is unstable at best, luckily I have a dedicated PT10 rig that is rock solid. What is the program for selling my PT11 bundle that is currently on this non-existent support/upgrade plan?
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 02-26-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Any support information yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
So essentially I've been stuck out of the studio for a few days with nothing to do but look around.

In this adventure, I'm wondering if anyone that purchased crossgrades/upgrades between Oct 1 2014 and Dec 31 2014 have received any information from Avid about their support plan?

I received my first email indicating that I will be notified via email when it becomes active. I have yet to receive anything. What did I pay for? It's been 3months (well on Saturday) and so far nothing has come out that I wouldn't have received had I not 'jumped' on the bandwagon.

At this point, my PT11 rig is unstable at best, luckily I have a dedicated PT10 rig that is rock solid. What is the program for selling my PT11 bundle that is currently on this non-existent support/upgrade plan?
So wait. You purchased the upgrade that included 12 months of support with an additional 3 months yet you don't even have an active support plan yet?

I don't know how this is even remotely legal.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 02-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
...I'm wondering if anyone that purchased crossgrades/upgrades between Oct 1 2014 and Dec 31 2014 have received any information from Avid about their support plan?

I received my first email indicating that I will be notified via email when it becomes active. I have yet to receive anything. What did I pay for? It's been 3months (well on Saturday) and so far nothing has come out that I wouldn't have received had I not 'jumped' on the bandwagon...
Not sure why you are starting a new thread when your question has already been answered. You should have received an email describing the support plan (with a link to contact us if you had any trouble) as well as an email with your Avid Support Code which can be used to call or start a case online. As previously stated, you would use that ASC until your account is updated to reflect your support. Regardless, you have the support that was advertized when you purchased the Upgrade and Support Plan. Did you not receive the ASC email?
Old 02-26-2015, 01:17 PM

Default Any support information yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Not sure why you are starting a new thread when your question has already been answered. You should have received an email describing the support plan (with a link to contact us if you had any trouble) as well as an email with your Avid Support Code which can be used to call or start a case online. As previously stated, you would use that ASC until your account is updated to reflect your support. Regardless, you have the support that was advertized when you purchased the Upgrade and Support Plan. Did you not receive the ASC email?

Wrote this post before I hijacked in that other post because it was getting more action. I do have my email with the asc code, but from what I understand I shouldn't need to utilize that to access the unlimited online support. I will try tomorrow when I'm in the studio. I really just want to clearify some things so I can go back to trying to get my pt11 rig working

1. Can I sell my pt10/11 license?
2. Please clarify that I will receive pt12 if it comes out before March 2016.

Ps.

I understand your frustration with the other posters, but I don't care for your tone in your post. If you look at the times you can see that I created this prior to hijacking that other post. I am simply a support member looking for answers.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I do have my email with the asc code, but from what I understand I shouldn't need to utilize that to access the unlimited online support.
As the email that you referenced in one of your other posts states...
"In case you need assistance before then, you can use the Avid Support Code and instructions that were emailed to you during your activation."
Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
So wait. You purchased the upgrade that included 12 months of support with an additional 3 months yet you don't even have an active support plan yet?

I don't know how this is even remotely legal.
You are drawing conclusions based on incorrect assumptions/data. His support has been active the whole time. Either he did not read the information he was provided about how to access support, or he didn't understand it.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM

Hey! Don't speak on my behalf. And most definitely don't assume that it was a comprehension thing. What is your employee #. I'm filing a complaint against you when I get back to the studio tomorrow and test this so called asc code. I will be surprised if it works.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you are over stepping your boundaries and being insulting. I don't think this is the type of support that avid condones.

Maybe we'll see what Twitter has to say about your behaviour.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Hey! Don't speak on my behalf. And most definitely don't assume that it was a comprehension thing. What is your employee #. I'm filing a complaint against you when I get back to the studio tomorrow and test this so called asc code. I will be surprised if it works.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you are over stepping your boundaries and being insulting. I don't think this is the type of support that avid condones.

Maybe we'll see what Twitter has to say about your behaviour.
No intention to insult you, so I am sorry if any of my replies came across that way. My post was clarifying that we provided a method to utilize your support in reply to others telling me I am lying and that we did not provide the support we advertised. Please do use your ASC to call in tomorrow and ask questions. I have tested your ASC a few times and it's working correctly.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
No intention to insult you, so I am sorry if any of my replies came across that way. My post was clarifying that we provided a method to utilize your support in reply to others telling me I am lying and that we did not provide the support we advertised. Please do use your ASC to call in tomorrow and ask questions. I have tested your ASC a few times and it's working correctly.

Thanks for the appology, I understand your frustration; I encourage you to address each issue individually and try to refrain from referencing other users. Some of us are very sensitive right now as this has not be the best implementation of a product.

I will test my ASC after I'm done with Waves to see if it's Waves breaking my multiple installs on different OS' with the same result.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:07 PM

Well the ASC code went through, so now the clock is ticking on the 'one business day'. I will respond on here with Avids response to my questions/concerns over the new support plan.