Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-19-2015, 02:23 PM

Default Umm.... My Pro Tools 11HD (11 and 10) license is no longer in my Avid account...

So I logged into my Avid account today to download Pro Tools 11 finally (been working on 10). This is when I realized my Pro Tools 11 HD license is no longer in my account.

I purchased Pro Tools 11HD used, and went through the whole license transfer thing with Avid, paid for a support ticket, yada yada. It all went fine, and the license was in my account (and I still have the ilok assets in my ilok account), but for some reason now they have mysteriously disappeared.

The only way for me to try and deal with this is pay another $80 to ask Avid why they removed this license from my account... I think this is absurd. Really want to sort this out. I do not believe it has anything to do with the seller... Rather just an issue on Avid's part. I already paid $80 for support to get this transfer to happen, and refuse to pay it again because of a mistake on Avid's part... And this seems to be the only place to turn.

Somebody please help out here. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Avid

Default Re: Umm.... My Pro Tools 11HD (11 and 10) license is no longer in my Avid account...

Welcome to the community.

You state that your license is not in your account, but then say your license is in your iLok account, so do you mean that you do not see a Pro Tools HD 11 product (with downloads) in your Avid account > My products and Subscriptions? If you bought it used (didn't activate it yourself) then you won't have it listed in your Avid account.

Might be best to call CS (650-237-1700) and choose the Registration/Activation option to sort this out.

Regards,
JC
Old 02-19-2015, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Umm.... My Pro Tools 11HD (11 and 10) license is no longer in my Avid account...

yes this is exactly what I mean... I could have sworn that after the transfer, I saw it under "My Products" but maybe I am mistaken?

Thank you for directing me to that phone number. Another question - if the license doesn't show up under "My Products," how would I be able to upgrade to Pro Tools 12 HD in the future?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Avid

Thanks for clarifying this.

Your Avid account basically shows software you have activated/redeemed, and provides installer and documentation downloads. Your Pro Tools license is in your iLok account (or on your iLok), and that's what is needed for an upgrade.

Regards,
JC
Old 02-19-2015, 04:38 PM

k thank you again for your help. And just to clarify — what exactly did paying the $80 support ticket and transferring license do then? Obviously it had something to do on Avid's end and not iLok... Is there someway for me to verify Avid has correctly documented that I am the owner of this version of Pro Tools HD?
Old 02-19-2015, 04:40 PM

also one last question — before purchasing Pro Tools 11HD used, I was the owner of a normal license of Pro Tools 11. Since I bought this directly from Avid, I have that license under "My Products" and was able to download the Pro Tools 11 HD software.

If I want to sell my old license (since I have now have two copies of Pro Tools 11+10 normal because Pro Tools 11HD bundle includes the normal version of Pro Tools 11 as well), how will I be able to access/download my software? Isn't the only way to do this through the Avid "My Products" portal?
Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 AM

It's the same software installer whether standard or HD, so if you had activated that standard PT11 to your account that's what you should still be able to access. And now that you have the HD license, that thing will open PT software as HD version.

So what it is that you had in your account before you bought that HD license? Has that disappeared or what? Hard to follow...