05/01/2014 11.1.3
01/23/2014 11.1.2
01/06/2014 11.1.1
12/23/2013 11.1
11/12/2013 11.0.3
09/14/2013 11.0.2
06/29/2013 11.0.1
06/21/2013 11.0

Instead of slamming people you should take a pill and READ what they are saying.
For the NOVICE user ( i.e. NOT YOU) Pro tools 11 is more difficult to install and activate. vs. Pro tools 9
Yes DVD's got out of date but downloading an updater was easy back then.
IE NO logging in to you account ( another password to remember )
and searching in your Avid Account for the downloads.
Because believe it or not that is pain to do for "some" people
I read what people are saying. There are plenty of others out there that can deal with things like this. You just have to take the time and have the will to work through it.

Well if 'some' people can't deal with things the way they are then maybe they should chose another daw because like I said PT is NOT, never has been, and never will be plug and play software. If you want that then buy an XBox or Nintendo and be done with it. Or use Garageband Just because a past version of PT was easier to install/activate doesn't mean new versions have to be. Using that is an excuse. Things progress and get more difficult as features and capabilities increase and operating systems change. Being successful means you deal with it. And there are books out there for the total newbie and the PT101 course book is one of the best.

BTW when I write 'you' I don't mean you personally.

Yes I recognize people need handholding but there comes a time when they have to suck it up and get their hands dirty.

QAPLA!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Download-Links in my user account not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Being successful means you deal with it. And there are books out there for the total newbie and the PT101 course book is one of the best.
Absolutely agree here!

Quote:
Yes I recognize people need handholding but there comes a time when they have to suck it up and get their hands dirty.
In the past, I was an adjunct professor at an engineering college, and YES, I too recognize that sometimes some hand holding is necessary. YES sometimes all the person is really asking for is a boost in their own confidence. YES, I have seen, answered and even asked some very elementary questions here and will continue to do so, and glad that I can help.

BUT, I agree, there comes a time when one needs to RTM, take a course, find a mentor, or just jump in and try it. You'll not learn it any younger.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2023.3)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2023.3)
|
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X | Lenovo i7 ThinkPad | Win 7 Professional | Avid 003 + Rack |

Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
Absolutely agree here!

In the past, I was an adjunct professor at an engineering college, and YES, I too recognize that sometimes some hand holding is necessary. YES sometimes all the person is really asking for is a boost in their own confidence. YES, I have seen, answered and even asked some very elementary questions here and will continue to do so, and glad that I can help.

BUT, I agree, there comes a time when one needs to RTM, take a course, find a mentor, or just jump in and try it. You'll not learn it any younger.
Amen. As I keep trying to get across too many people want a simple solution so they don't have to learn the proper way.

Elementary questions I don't mind answering as long as the person asking the question doesn't mind putting in the work to make it happen. Students in college are there because they want to learn and those are the types I will go to the ends of the Earth to help when I can.

QAPLA!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You'll not learn it any younger.

Noice
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Amen. As I keep trying to get across too many people want a simple solution so they don't have to learn the proper way.
In this society of instant gratification? Imagine that!

Quote:
Elementary questions I don't mind answering as long as the person asking the question doesn't mind putting in the work to make it happen. Students in college are there because they want to learn and those are the types I will go to the ends of the Earth to help when I can.
I had seen so many other instructors both during the time I attended college, back in the stone age , and during my time teaching that had a sink or swim attitude toward the students, and it makes it rough for them.

I always had the attitude that, as long as you are trying, if you can tread water, I'll jump in an tow you to shore. I never minded answering the same question a few times, if I perhaps was unclear. But, if they were too lazy to try it and just wanted ME to do the work...well I already KNOW how to do it. Know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Noice
Yeah my Grandad would always tell me that I'll never learn something any younger that I will today.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
|
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X | Lenovo i7 ThinkPad | Win 7 Professional | Avid 003 + Rack |

Old 03-24-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
In this society of instant gratification? Imagine that!

I had seen so many other instructors both during the time I attended college, back in the stone age , and during my time teaching that had a sink or swim attitude toward the students, and it makes it rough for them.

I always had the attitude that, as long as you are trying, if you can tread water, I'll jump in an tow you to shore. I never minded answering the same question a few times, if I perhaps was unclear. But, if they were too lazy to try it and just wanted ME to do the work...well I already KNOW how to do it. Know what I mean?
I know exactly what you mean. If they're willing to work, you're willing to help.

Stone age? BS-EET class of '74 Luckily I had profs that did not have that sink or swim 'tude; a couple were doofuses but other than no problem.

QAPLA!
Old 03-24-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. If they're willing to work, you're willing to help.

Stone age? BS-EET class of '74 Luckily I had profs that did not have that sink or swim 'tude; a couple were doofuses but other than no problem.
LOL OK you win! BS-ME '76.

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
|