Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 02:52 AM

Default I WOULD PAY FOR THIS

Im currently running on PT 6.7 HD2 on a G5 dual 2 gig and 8 gigs of ram. I want to get a Mac pro and upgrade all my software, but is reluctant to do so becuase of all the bugs that my colleages have, like import from workspace result in not being able to save.

No I know that there is work arrounds for most of these problems in the DUC.But PlEASE SUPPLY A VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!
Instead of bringing out PT 7.3 with new features, just bring out 7.3 with no bugs, I'll pay for that.
Instead of the Digi team working on more features, let them work on bringing out a stable , bug free version, Im sure that everyone will buy it.
Its no good having milions of new features, but you can't save your work, or you can't do any work becuase your machine is unstable.
We are losing clients here, and struggle to get them back, they would rather go work at a studio with Nuendo, thats stable, no matter how good you are!

PLEASE I BEG YOU FOR A STABLE VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020 Mac Pro 16 Core
386 GB Ram

www.louisenslin.com
Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Re: I WOULD PAY FOR THIS

Quote:
Im currently running on PT 6.7 HD2 on a G5 dual 2 gig and 8 gigs of ram. I want to get a Mac pro and upgrade all my software, but is reluctant to do so becuase of all the bugs that my colleages have, like import from workspace result in not being able to save.

No I know that there is work arrounds for most of these problems in the DUC.But PlEASE SUPPLY A VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!
Instead of bringing out PT 7.3 with new features, just bring out 7.3 with no bugs, I'll pay for that.
Instead of the Digi team working on more features, let them work on bringing out a stable , bug free version, Im sure that everyone will buy it.
Its no good having milions of new features, but you can't save your work, or you can't do any work becuase your machine is unstable.
We are losing clients here, and struggle to get them back, they would rather go work at a studio with Nuendo, thats stable, no matter how good you are!

PLEASE I BEG YOU FOR A STABLE VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why aren't you running 6.9? Your moaning about bug fixes, but are not running the latest version of v6?!! PT HD for Mac Pro has not been released yet.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:49 AM

Sorry,

but if you prefer Nuendo, what keeps you from changing? And by the way, the amazing improvements in 7.2 outrule the bugs. And who says that the bugs aren't fixed in 7.3?

I agree, that there are a few annoyances with Pro Tools. BUT, with all the other sequencers it has been the same. No program is bug free - and no program is even close to perfect, and will never be.

You need to find the software that works best for you.
Seriously check out 7.2 - it's magic.

Timothy
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 AM

I have two guys right now in studio running 7.2 and they are very Hapy, that they CAN NOT save their work now after two hours ... it is very good feature.
They want to thanks to Digidesign. Good work
Old 09-18-2006, 04:59 AM

Try to open the most recent backup session.

Hope it helps.

Timothy
Old 09-18-2006, 05:05 AM

Thank you, but what can I do if this situation is every hour (depending type of work). It is terrible.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 AM

Most likely the reason for this behaviour is, that you pull audio files from the finder directly into the session. Try to use the import audio window instead.

Hope it helps

Timothy
Old 09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Most likely the reason for this behaviour is, that you pull audio files from the finder directly into the session. Try to use the import audio window instead.

Hope it helps

Timothy
Timothy is correct - you can import audio using 'import audio to track' or to the regions bin to get around this particular issue.

We're working on a fix in the meantime.