Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Default Re: bug in Logic, plugins open all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I would say that in general, mostly everything works as it should, that's why I added a Dock to my Avid surfaces recently. I have 6 now.

These are definitely better than all of the Mackie control clones on the market lately.

I am optimistic that with Eddie's help, and his efforts to coordinate with Apple, these bugs can be fixed in the next release. I rely on track stacks so heavily that it would be a great thing to not need to find weird routing workarounds anymore to use the surfaces.
Thanks for confirming RobertG - good to see actual use is proving positive. Plan on purchasing Artist Mix next month when I return from vacation.

BTW - for VI keyboard controller for Logic I highly recommend the Nektar Panorama as it has custom Logic integration without any wrappers and I leverage the Pro Tools Control app with an arm mounted on my desk just above the keyboard. The Artist Mix will fit nicely in my sliding drawer with a drop-down lid and complete my workflow.

See you post on Logic quite a bit in this forum - would be nice to have a dedicated thread for all things Logic and Artist/Control Series - not just bugs but tips and tricks type stuff.

One tip to Logic users is that the Pro Tools App allows QWERTY keyboard commands in addition to DAW commands and Logic Remote only supports DAW commands.

Last edited by sjgam; 08-30-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
And are you already aware of the issue where plugins show up blank on the surfaces? They are still "on", you push the knob and they open, but you can't tell what is what without looking at the monitor.
Yes this happens when you insert a plugin. To get them back you have to reload the session (A PITA I know) Again this was reported to them and will hopefully be fixed in an upcoming Logic release.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Avid

Quote:
And the plugin window issues, that's easily reproduce-able too..

1. New logic project
2. create 3 or 4 audio instrument tracks, and put whatever audio instruments on.

Whenever you switch tracks on a Eucon surface, the instrument plug-in window opens, whether you want it or not, regardless of what mode you're in.

This bug started up more recently than the other ones.
We are have problems reproducing this...I will need a video of whats happening as there must be something else eat play.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We are have problems reproducing this...I will need a video of whats happening as there must be something else eat play.
Since you can't reproduce I looked into it more closely: It doesn't seem to happen after I created a new account. So, I suppose I'll start by erasing the Eucon preferences/reinstalling it on my main account, and if that doesn't resolve, it could be a nightmare to troubleshoot.

thanks
Old 10-04-2018, 03:59 PM

This bug is back again... New OS, clean install, fresh Eucon, but old logic project. Sigh, we'll chalk it up to another thing that can't be found by the team and/or tested for.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
This bug is back again... New OS, clean install, fresh Eucon, but old logic project. Sigh, we'll chalk it up to another thing that can't be found by the team and/or tested for.
Does Logic store prefs in a session ? that would explain opening an old session causing this to come back.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Does Logic store prefs in a session ? that would explain opening an old session causing this to come back.
Not really, just the project settings. The project isn't that old, it was made in the previous version or two of logic.

The PAGE lights on the Artist Mix don't work the way they used to. They both light up no matter what. It used to be that there would only be a light on if there is another page to scroll to, so you could tell easily when you have reached the end.

The bank left and right buttons work properly on the dock, so this must be another bug and not a design decision.

I appreciate your attention to all of these issues, but is it too much to ask for someone to do an in-depth investigation of every last broken thing with logic, and just FIX EVERYTHING?

Like it's their one and only job, even if it's not. That means contacting Apple aggressively to fix their problems.. with the track stacks I mentioned before, PT control glitches, etc.

It would be so nice to have this system work 100% as it should. Am I dreaming?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:05 AM
Avid

But here's the problem, these issues seem to be just with your system. I personally did an in depth investigation into both the plugin windows and the jog issue. Both these work on our system here. Once I get back from my holiday I will do a video with the settings and our system working.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:11 AM

Quote:
But here's the problem, these issues seem to be just with your system. I personally did an in depth investigation into both the plugin windows and the jog issue. Both these work on our system here. Once I get back from my holiday I will do a video with the settings and our system working.
No, it isn't my system. This system was wiped clean and installed fresh with 10.14 Mojave, and Logic X was also installed fresh, and then Eucon.

I also have a laptop with Eucon on it (High Sierra) to test with and this all happens there too.

I erased all of the customized .xml files to make sure before I describe the issues here.

Can you confirm the problem with both page lights coming on the Artist MIX at all times instead of one or the other?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Eddie, there might have been some confusion here- this is not about the Jog/shuttle that we were discussing before but another issue, which is the PAGE lights for parameters. Should I create a new thread, or can you confirm the above?