Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Page 5 is as dull as **** roll on page 6!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-05-2002, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Come on baby! gimmi double 6!
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-05-2002, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
Come on baby! gimmi double 6!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Number 6? Number 6?
Old 07-06-2002, 07:46 AM

We godda get out of five - alive!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-06-2002, 08:56 AM

Let me see if I can push this through...
Old 07-06-2002, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyn:
The subjective aspects, the stuff that Lynn is doing, would have to be evaluated by each user. Lynn's CD may be helpful in that regard.

Lynn,

You are my hero of the month, what a gargantuan undertaking. I wish I paid more attention earlier. I would have flown out to listen that test.

Absolute respect...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for those kind words. Like with the other CDs I have done, if I had known what I was getting into, these projects probably would NOT exist.

This one, however, was at last four times harder than the others. Dealing with digital and clocking and differing level references along with units that offer no means of calibration made it a tremendous headache. And it took over twice as long to make the sample recordings as I had originally hoped. That's why some of the units I had wanted to include will not be on the CD. Sheer exhaustion.

I hope that people will enjoy hearing it and if they learn even a fourth as much as I did, it will be well worth the price of admission. I know going into this that there were lots of "preconceived notions" and things people had decided based on what others had said. It's a different story when you get to use your ears and let them decide without the bias of seeing the name plate on the unit.

It should be interesting.

So, now back to editing those 115 cuts. So where did I put that razor blade? Just kidding.

BTW: I'm offering a discount on the 3D ADC CD for anyone who preorders. It's 15% off the price that it will sell for when it is released. If you want to secure a copy, go to
http://sales.3daudioinc.com/store/catalog.lasso, the 3D WebStore and you can order there. Please don't flame me for "advertising." There are many here who have expressed interest, so I'm just trying to spread the word.

Lynn (still stuck on page 5) Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Old 07-06-2002, 07:47 PM

Lynn wrote:

Quote:
Please don't flame me for "advertising." There are many here who have expressed interest, so I'm just trying to spread the word.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyone who flames you will be persona non grata around these parts. As one of the few people to get up and actually DO something, you deserve a medal and a tickertape parade.

Lee Blaske
Old 07-06-2002, 10:36 PM

Lynn,

I think we all find it reprehensible that you'd be advertising your excellent products up here. Yes, I've bought every one, but still, that's no excuse for you to be blatantly using this forum to sell even more.

Actually, of course, I'm just kidding...I'm just looking for an excuse to push this into Page 6.

Oh, and where the hell is Mixerman? Gosh, it seems like he's cowering away in a dark corner forever now...
Old 07-07-2002, 06:17 AM

Am I king of the page 6 castle?
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Dang! No......
www.gearslutz.com
Old 07-07-2002, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman@PSW:
I systematically took out every variable to try to solve the problem. But the problem never got solved.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One variable that you don't consider is that the unit was defective. You're assuming that the unit was not defective, but operating properly within a flawed design.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman@PSW:
I won't do the test until I'm back tracking
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">interesting choice of words....

(still no page 6!)

M.M.M.