Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2018, 07:00 AM

Default "Locking" S3 To Pro Tools

Hey Everyone,

Is there any way to have the S3 to just stay on PT and now follow application changes? I often flip back forth between other programs (Finder, Basehead, etc.), and it's pretty annoying. I will never use the S3 with other applications so I'd love to be able to just "lock" it to PT.

Thanks!

Ryan
Old 02-28-2018, 10:49 AM

Default Re: "Locking" S3 To Pro Tools

Yes. In Eucontrol Settings on your computer, while you have ProTools open and selected, on the Assign tab, there are three checkboxes for locking the surface to an application. Choose Entire Surface. It should then say locked to ProTools (if it doesn’t, you didn’t have ProTools selected before clicking the box. Just unclick, select ProTools, reclick)

Only have to do this once. Setting will then stay whether ProTools is open or not and through reboots.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:49 PM

Default Re: "Locking" S3 To Pro Tools

That's amazing, BScout! Thanks so much. I think I tried that awhile ago but I probably didn't have PT selected. Thanks again!