Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-07-2004, 05:05 PM

Default FireWire Drive troubles for PTLE

So, I've spent quite a while trying to figure how to make this thing work out well and it's been nothing but frustrating. First off, I had a Maxtor one touch combo drive (USB2.0/FW) and it didn't work I'm guessing because of the Oxford 911 bridge absence. Now, I have a Seagate Barracuda 160gb, 8mb, 7200.7rpm...all the good jazz, placed it in an OWC enclosure with the Oxford 911 bridge. I formatted first as a Mac drive and tried using Macdrive to make it happen and while the drive was able to be read, you couldn't record or get playback from it. Now, I've partitioned the sucker into two halves, it's formatted NTFS, and I still get the buffer errors regardless of the settings in "playback engine" . Oh yeah, the hard drive is still in "Basic" mode...I'm aggravated. Anyone ever seen something like this and fixed it? Any help would seriously make my day. -z
Old 10-07-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: FireWire Drive troubles for PTLE

Oh yes, and I have the 002r, a Dell inspiron laptop, adaptec Fireconnect card, and XP. -z
Old 10-07-2004, 05:26 PM

You are posting in the MAC section. If you post in the WINDOWS section you may get more help..

P.S. - But check to make sure your drive is formatted to the Digi recommended formatting for the computer set up you exactly have.. THEN also go to "workspace" and make sure your drive is set up correctly for playback and record, etc...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:29 PM

Yeah...that probably would help wouldn't it. What a day. Thanks anyhow. -z
Old 10-10-2004, 03:03 PM

I assume from previous comments that you are on the Windows platform. Nevertheless, if it's any consolation, I've had the same problem with my Mac G5 and to this day haven't been able to get the FireWire drives to playback or record. I just added an additional internal drive and that solved the problem. I use the FW drives for storage only and they're fine for that.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:30 PM

Have you ever lost audio files after transferring the session folder to a firewire external hard drive? We copied session folders onto an external hard drive and now many of the audio files are nowhere to be found on the external OR internal hard drive on a G4 with OS 10.3. We cannot figure out what happened! They have completely disappeared from both places!