Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-21-2002, 01:50 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.
Default Using 1 PLUG-IN for multiple tracks??

Do I have to use a separate reverb plug-in or delay plug-in for each track?? There must be a way to route multiple tracks to one single reverb or effect so that I don't have to have 30 different plug ins running at once . . . (that doesn't seem possible with the Digi 001 anyway)

I'm sure you guys can tell me if that's the way this is supposed to work.

Jhon
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 05-21-2002, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Using 1 PLUG-IN for multiple tracks??

One way to do it:

Assign a send to each track that you want the effect to well, effect. Assign each send's output to the same bus. (let's say 6 for example)

Then create an aux input using that same bus assignment (6) as IT's input, apply the plug as an insert on that aux track, and bingo, all sends are now being run through the aux's plug-in.

You may vary the amount of individual signal going into the aux with each send's fader.

Another way to do it:
Bus the output of each track to a common bus.
Create the Aux input with that same bus as IT's input. This way all the signal from each track runs through that Aux (and it's plug).

The first patch lets you control the ratio of 'dry' to 'wet' you get, the second patch will be 100% wet.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:54 PM

Use the search link at the top of the page in the future. I've done the work for you and found this below.
http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=32;t=001876
Old 05-21-2002, 07:28 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.

Thanks Darren- I was away from the manual I keep in the studio and didn't really know how to address the problem . . . I'm getting this PT thing one question at a time. . . . and there's alot of questions!!

Jhon [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 05-21-2002, 07:59 PM

Well, you came to the right place! Your welcome. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2002, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
Another way to do it:
Bus the output of each track to a common bus.
Create the Aux input with that same bus as IT's input. This way all the signal from each track runs through that Aux (and it's plug).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A practical example of this method is the demo song (Be There). I believe the individual drum tracks are 'bused' to a couple of AUX tracks with a compressor inserted on the AUX's. Check it out.

That demo actually has a lot of useful tips in it.