Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-13-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Error \"mismatch of sync source...\" urgent please

I'm working in 96KHZ, but had to do a short job in 44.1. Returning to the 96KHZ session, ProTools refuses to boot and keeps giving me this error message

"Too many slots on the TDM2 bus - could indicate an unplugged audio interface or a mismatch of sync source and session sample rate (-6075)"

Core audio manager tells me I'm "connected at 44.1" - even though I have set Rosetta to 96. There's no option to change it. And no way to get to hardware setup - cause when I try, I get the message "no audio interface".

I had no problem changing from 96 to 44.1. Everything smooth & perfect.

I have rebooted 97 times, trashed all digi prefs incl. digibase.

This setup worked real nice, but this is horrible...... how do I get back to work?????????????????????????????????????

Please help

Powerbook 17", 1.5 Ghz, 1.5 GB Ram.
HD3 Accel
PT 7.0
Rosetta 800
Magma 4-slot
Old 11-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Error \"mismatch of sync source...\" urgent please

Please don't flame me if you've tried something as simple as what I am about to recommend...

Have you turned everything off... and then tried turning things on in your usual sequence?

Sometimes if I power up my computer before my 192 I/O, the computer will NOT see the I/O. I/O first... computer second... never an issue.

Perhaps your deal is something similar.

Hope you get it whipped!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:51 PM

Default a brief ray of hope, then kapow, back to reality

Hi Strider,

thanks for your concern.... Yes unfortunately I have turned off/rebooted several times.

In the meantime, for some unknown reason, I was suddenly allowed to enter hardware setup and change sample rate to 96. Then Core Audio Manager gave me correct 96 Khz.

ProTools booted, but when it entered my (96) session, it switched Rosetta back to 44.1!! and gave me the same error message again!

Now Core Audio Manager is back to 44.1, and harware setup tells me "no interface"....

Digi, or any gracious person, let me out of this rubber cell..... I need to work!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: a brief ray of hope, then kapow, back to reality

I have the same setup. You should know that the Rosetta/X-HD has not been tested with 7.0. What you're likely seeing is an incompatibility; mine works at 44.1/48k, but about every fourth time, ProTools doesn't see the interface. I simply turn off/turn on the Rosetta, re-scan, and I'm fine. But in terms of going from 96k -> 44.1 and then back, there's no telling what ghouls lurk under the PT7 hood when it comes to the Rosetta.

It seems to me as though CoreAudio is messing you up. Is it possible to remove it, reboot and try again? How about setting your Rosetta manually to what you want, open ProTools and create a new session, and import the tracks in from your other session?

I called Apogee last week, and they said they were just starting to test the Rosetta 800 with PT 7. I think soon we'll be seeing another firmware update. Good luck.

P.S. How are you clocking your Rosetta? If you're using its internal clock, can you try clocking it externally, and setting everything before you open ProTools?

Craig
Old 11-13-2005, 06:38 PM

My gut feeling says you're probably right, there could be a compatibility issue. I'm up again now (why I don't know), but it doesn't feel steady (had to reboot again, turn things off & on etc).

I assume the system gets over the horrible shock being exposed to 44.1 KHZ - as I have seen the system work steadily with 96 before this happened. Actually 7.0 seemed to solve several instabilities I had before. But I don't like having to worry each time if I can boot ProTools at all.

The funny thing is, the error message comes up while booting ProTools, telling me there's a mismatch with the SESSION clock rate - and I don't even attempt to open a session yet!

But thanks for drawing my attention to a possible incompatibility with Rosetta. I'll tune in to Apogee and see what happens.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Administrator

The following is in the Pro Tools HD 7 compatibility documents:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/hd/
Quote:
Audio Interfaces — Other Manufacturers

Digidesign does not test or verify other manufacturers' audio peripherals with our system. During beta testing of Pro Tools HD 7 software, we received feedback that installing Pro Tools HD 7 software may prevent a non-Digidesign audio interface from working. We therefore suggest that customers contact the manufacturer of their device to check on potential compatibility issues before upgrading to Pro Tools HD 7 software.