Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-03-2005, 09:40 PM

Default New Free Digidesign EQ III DigiRack Plug-In

I installed Pro Tools 6.9 and EQ III but when I launch Pro Tools and open a session, or even start a new session, I don't see the EQ III plugin even though I didn't get a error when installing it. What can be the problem here? I downloaded Pro Tools 6.9 and the EQ over Broadband, not dialup. Digidesign, Please help .
Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default Re: New Free Digidesign EQ III DigiRack Plug-In

The DigiRack EQ III plug-in is automatically installed during installation of Pro Tools 6.9. You only need to download it for earlier versions of Pro Tools. I don't know if the version changed or not, but you may need to uninstall EQ III that you installed from the download, then run the 6.9 installer again.

Information on using EQ III is in the new DigiRack Plug-Ins Guide version 6.9 in the Technical Document Library.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:11 PM

So basically I didn't need to install EQ III? It was already part of the 6.9 upgrade?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Yes. I just added that info to the top of the EQ III download page. Thanks for pointing that out.

The EQ III was already listed in the DigiRack plug-in lists for all 6.9 systems in the compatibility docs, but should have been on the EQ III download page as well.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:34 PM

No problem, glad I could help... lol .... Guess sometimes peoples screw ups even though they don't realize it can end up helping others. I'm cool with that.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Digidesign, do you think after I uninstall EQ III that I might have to reinstall PT 6.9?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Yes, installing 6.9 again will install EQ III automatically.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:49 PM

Okay, thanks for the assistance. Have they started shipping the CD's for PT 6.9 yet? I know we can get the CD's but when I called where I purchased my Digi002R, they wanted $50.00 for the CD but said that I can get the CD directly from Digidesign for something like $4.95 for shipping.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Q: How can I get Pro Tools LE 6.9 if I can't download?

A: Pro Tools LE 6.9 software updates are free to all customers who own Pro Tools 6.7 software. The update is available three ways:

1.Digidesign Dealers — Pro Tools LE 6.9 software update CDs will be distributed to dealers in late April. Qualified owners will need their authorization code from Pro Tools LE 6.7 to install and authorize the software. These updates require previous installation of Pro Tools LE 6.7.

2.Web Downloads — Pro Tools LE 6.9 software updates are posted above. These downloads are very large, so a broadband connection is necessary. These updates require previous installation of Pro Tools LE 6.7.

3.For Pro Tools LE 6.7 owners who cannot get to a local Digidesign Dealer for the free CD or who cannot successfully download, the 6.9 Update CDs will be available in late April through the online DigiStore for $4.95 USD plus shipping and local tax, if applicable. Qualified owners will need their authorization code from Pro Tools LE 6.7 to install and authorize the software. These updates require previous installation of Pro Tools LE 6.7.

http://www.digidesign.com/download/69/lewin/
Old 05-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Thanks JMS40, I read that already on the downloads page and this is why I called my local PT Dealer. They wanted $50.00 and I said, yeah right! They called Digidesign and they were told that Digidesign didn't have the CD's available yet for shipping even though it said "Update CDs will be available in late April through the online DigiStore for $4.95 USD plus shipping and local tax". Also, this CD is not available on DigiStore yet. I just checked.