Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Default Standalone CoreAudio Driver for Tiger

The Standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Driver v7.0 for Mac OS X 10.4 - PPC Macs Only is available for download from the following location:
Download & Details

Who Should Use This?
  • The Standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Driver for Mac OS 10.4 should only be used by owners of Digidesign hardware that do NOT have Pro Tools installed on their Tiger operating system.
If you already have Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or higher or Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 or higher installed on your system (including all versions of Pro Tools HD & LE 7.x for PPC and Intel-based Macs), you should not use the Standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Driver installer.

See the Download & Details page for more information about the use and installation of the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver for systems on Mac OS X 10.4 with and without Pro Tools installed.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Standalone CoreAudio Driver for Tiger

Well, seems to be working with the 001. Thanks for that

Start-up was oddly slow, as well as setting the audio prefs, but I can now play my audio thru my better speakers.

Startup was normal after the initial post-install, though now deep sleep is again disabled - Just when I was used to it again
The preference pane doesn't give to the option of adding or removing clients apps.
The interface is now fully multi-client. I had ableton sending and receiving on multiple channels @ 128, while playing iTunes at the same time.

No Problems so far.

For the record, my set-up (old but good)
Sawtooth G4 upgraded to Dual 1.3's, 1.5 GBs ram, ATi 8500 Video. 2 Internal Disks (ATA), 2 external Firewire drives (not tested yet). Mac OSX 10.4.2.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 AM

You have your 001 working on 10.4? Is it reliable? I have a 001 and just got a dual G4 but i did not want to Change my 001. I use both Logic and Pro Tools.

rope
Old 09-05-2005, 09:52 AM

Seems to be working ok, as a play-thru interface for iTunes and as a multi-tracking interface for Abelton Live. It's a shame ProTools isn't an option for the 001 and 10.4. But oh well.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:02 AM

You are only using it for Ableton and Itunes? I'm going to try Logic. I'll post what happens.

rope
Old 09-05-2005, 07:55 PM

Logic 7.1 + Tiger 10.4.2 + 001 + Core Audio 6.9.2 =

Works like a charm...

Dan-
--------------------------------–
Dual 1.25GHz G4 FW800
2GB RAM
OS10.4.2 Tiger
LOGIC 7.1
Digi 001
M-Audio Firewire 410
Old 09-07-2005, 09:48 AM

I'm trying to use the standalone driver with an M-Box and am having trouble getting the core-audio app to recognize it. My goal is to use the M-Box with Logic, as I was previously doing in Panther. When I open up the Digi CoreAudio Manager and click the connect button it does nothing at all and continues to display "Digidesign HW: Mbox, Status: Not Connected (HW in use)". I'm using a Dual 2.5 GHz G5, running 10.4.2. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Sam.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Avid

Please try trashing the DAE Prefs and Digisetup.OSX from MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences, empty the trash and restart, then try it again.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 AM

"Please try trashing the DAE Prefs and Digisetup.OSX from MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences, empty the trash and restart, then try it again. "

I tried that, . . . still no go. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver several times, plugging the M-Box into different USB ports, and repairing permissions for good measure. None of the above have seemed to have any effect whatsoever. The MBox is receiving power from the USB port. I know that much simply because the "mic" LEDs are lit up, but the USB LED just isn't kicking in and the Digi CoreAudio Manager isn't recognizing it at all. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Avid

If you go to MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-ins>HAL - what drivers are in that folder?

You should try trashing the Digidesign plug-in in that folder, then restart and reinstall - it may be that the reinstalls are not actually installing a new plug-in as it's still seeing a current version there.